1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

TV Alert: The Muppets on "A Capitol Fourth" Friday July 4, 2014

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Celebrate your July 4th holiday with the Muppets on PBS' 34th annual broadcast of "A Capitol Fourth" live from the West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol. The 90-minute show begins at 8 pm eastern, 7 pm central on PBS. Some PBS stations will also air an encore presentation beginning at 9:30 eastern, 8:30 central.

Kermit and Miss Piggy are scheduled to perform their Oscar-nominated song "Rainbow Connection" with the National Symphony Orchestra.

A Capitol Fourth airs on PBS before a concert audience of hundreds of thousands, millions more at home, as well as to our troops serving around the world on the American Forces Network.

[​IMG]

If you saw this appearance, please "like" this message and share your thoughts below.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  2. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

Just saw it... it was amazing to hear Rainbow Connection on TV after so long.

3. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Wait, were the muppet parts scattered around or at one time, if so what time?

4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Mp3s will be posted soon. :attitude:

Rugratskid likes this.
  5. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

It was cool. I hope that more comes soon. I saw a picture of Animal with Bergeron.

6. antsamthompson9

Fozzie just showed up! Keep watching!

7. antsamthompson9

You might wanna record the rerun at 9:30 to get pictures of Fozzie's bit and whatever else might show up.

8. Oscarfan

9. antsamthompson9

Animal showed up at the very end.

FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  10. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Awww. I don't get the station. I thank all the Youtube archivists in advance.

11. antsamthompson9

Here's an interview promoting it:

Phillip likes this.
  12. Oscarfan

13. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I must say that Kermit is very charming in that preview.

14. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Wow that was a great performance of rainbow connection!

15. Muppet Master

Well, liked the nod to "Sam and Friends", and the frog and the pig's version of "This Land is Your Land", and Piggy as the statue of liberty (and how she fell on a bunch of troops :0), but to me "Rainbow Connection" seemed a little fast-paced and flat, no offense, but still worse watching. Anyways, I was about to change the channel when Fozzie comes, so I watch, he leaves, and I change the channel. But, animal is showing up at the end, so gonna change the channel and watch that scene for sure!

16. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Kermit- "I don't really gamble unless I cross the street."

muppetlover123 likes this.
  17. Muppet Master

Loved Animal's outfit at the end! Guess there wasn't much, but hey, anytime nowadays the muppets are on TV it's an occasion.

15 MIN. LATER: Rewatching the fozzie part, didn't catch the whole thing last time, hilarious bit, with fozzie's patriotic tie! Anyway, there's really no sam!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  18. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Okay. I saw the part with Kermit and Miss Piggy, but I thought that was it so I switched to the ball game. Does anyone have any videos of the parts with Fozzie and Animal?

19. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

The whole thing is up on Youtube.

MikaelaMuppet and charlietheowl like this.
  20. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

I'll be uploading all 3 scenes to my channel. :) I just need to download that video, and find the part with Animal.