TV Alert: The Muppets on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon Finale February 7

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
For the record, Jimmy Fallon did plug MMW when he was talking about the Muppets earlier in the show. He gave a wonderful speech in regards to the NBC Pipes.

Anyway, that was a great final musical performance, probably my favorite of all the Muppet appearances on his show. I especially liked that it began with the Electric Mayhem, and that the audience progressively cheered louder as more and more characters entered the scene. Major kudos to Jimmy for helping bring the Muppets back in to the limelight =)

Cookie Chris

Reaction score
Woah, they uploaded the video pretty quick! I managed to catch their appearance just in time. Even though it wasn't directly a promotional advertisement for Muppets Most Wanted, it was a great performance of a classic song! And I thank Jimmy Fallon and his Late Night crew for bringing the Muppets back in the spotlight, and while I'm not sure how well he will do hosting The Tonight Show, I'll wish him all the best!

BTW, did anyone catch Bill Barretta's head pop up underneath Dr. Teeth when he is singing his solo around 1:10? :wink:

muppetlover123

Reaction score
I loved it im just waiting for a MUP3. I loved that alot of muppets got their own lines.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, thanks Oscarfan, got it and it sounds great. *Huge smile.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, so much to love here!

Singing a song from 1968 really works well for the Muppets, especially the Mayhem. The lighting and camera moves were all fantastic as they showcased the characters at their best. Loved the close-up on Janice's guitar at the beginning and the shots of her and Floyd singing together. It's very reminiscent of The Muppet Show. Having the characters subtly adjust their mics was fantastic, especially from Dr. Teeth about a minute into the song. I loved Robin's expression in the bottom right of the screen on the wide shot. Great to see Lips and the large number of characters present. Noticeably absent was Rowlf, but that's a minor quibble.

Everything that's old is new again. What an incredible week for The Muppets and most especially The Electric Mayhem. It's going to be a great ride the next six weeks as we approach the theatrical debut of Muppets Most Wanted.