1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

TV Alert: The Muppets on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon Finale February 7

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Mister Muppet

Mister Muppet Well-Known Member

Wow what a Great Performance, Loved seeing Lips and Robin again and Overall just a Brilliant Performance :)

LeahXZoot4Evur likes this.
  2. LeahXZoot4Evur

LeahXZoot4Evur Well-Known Member

Now 'No Room for Boring' and that other song with Jimmy Fallon is stuck in my head.

3. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing these. I think it is so cool that Fallon was behind preserving these and putting them behind glass so they could be included on the NBC tour.

dwayne1115 likes this.
  4. CaptainYoda

CaptainYoda New Member

That was excellent!! Totally enjoyed it all!

dwayne1115 and LeahXZoot4Evur like this.
  5. terrimonster

terrimonster Active Member

I have thought this before, but this bit really got me thinking: how amazing would a Jimmy Fallon & The Muppets Christmas special be?

6. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

Way more amazing than the Lady Gaga and the Muppets Thanksgiving special, I tell you.

MuppetsRule and LouisTheOtter like this.
  7. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

The person puppeteering Gonzo... I don't know why, but he seemed off.

8. TwoHeadedLlama

TwoHeadedLlama Active Member

Has anyone noticed that around the 3:28 mark in the video, when all the Muppets are cheering and talking at once, a voice says "I feel so good!" Lips's mouth movements align perfectly with the sentence, and I'm pretty sure none of the other Muppets said it. Possibly a new Lips line? :confused:

9. LeahXZoot4Evur

I just watched it. I didn't see or hear him say that

10. terrimonster

I had to listen a couple of times, but I hear it, too. And I didn't check all of their mouths for movement, but it does seem to line up with Lips's lips. It's quite plausible.

LeahXZoot4Evur and JimAndFrank like this.
  11. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

I was hearing this too and I've got the song on my iPod. My brother has that software in his computer where it can separate vocal tracks on a song cause he's training to be a sound engineer. I got him to separate the voices and the Muppet who said, "I feel so good!" Wasn't deep enough to be Rizzo, but was undeniably Steve Whitmire.

It was Lips!

LeahXZoot4Evur likes this.
  12. LeahXZoot4Evur

I don't believe it till I see it. I couldn't hear it, all I heard was Floyd saying, `that's how it's done!'

13. SkeetScootSquat

SkeetScootSquat Active Member

LIPS!!!!! Whoa! that took me by surprise.

14. LeahXZoot4Evur

I can't even hear it!

15. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

That's probably because it is, in fact, NOT Lips.

It's Gonzo. I can instinctively hear Dave Goelz's voice in the line ""I feel so good!" and then "Just like the old days" a few moments later. Gonzo's puppeteer is probably just off, like Piggy's, and Lip's mouth moving was just a coincidence.

Trust me. If Lips spoke I DEFINITELY would've pointed it out.

16. terrimonster

Yeah, I had heard Gonzo's second line already. When I went back and listened again I figured they were both Gonzo. It was a background line but happened to stand out, so the puppeteer probably didn't even realize it needed to be in sync.

17. LamangoNumber2

The Gonzo Puppeteer for that segment was soooo off. Gonzo looked drunk.

18. TwoHeadedLlama

Guess who I found playing Peek-a-Boo?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. LamangoNumber2

Not really a peek-a-boo, if he's clearly seen at the end.

SkeetScootSquat likes this.
  20. TwoHeadedLlama

The reason I found it interesting is because Lips is obviously playing with the band before the 'big reveal' at the end. Which means that someone was puppeteering him next to the band the entire time. which makes me wonder why bother to have him stand next to the band if they never showed him until the end, when everyone's onscreen?

SkeetScootSquat likes this.