1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

TV Alert: Watch Kermit at the National Christmas Tree Lighting

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Watch Kermit and many other celebrities at the Presidential Christmas Tree Lighting. An on-line stream will begin at 4:30 eastern, 3:30 central. The ceremony will also be broadcast on many PBS stations accross the country beginning Friday.

Watch it happen here live...
    http://www.thenationaltree.org/tree-lighting/

From the official website...

After you see the appearance let us know your thoughts.
  2. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

The local NBC station here just happened to tune in to the live stream just as Kermit was reading "Twas the Night Before Christmas" with Michelle Obama.
  3. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I am literally so happy right now...
  4. Muppetfan44

Muppetfan44 Active Member

His appearances were wonderful! I loved his reading of Twas the Night Before Christmas with Michelle Obama and the bit he did with Santa- Kermit at his finest!!

You can't welcome in the holiday season without Kermit- so glad he was there- I was only a few blocks away at my office, but I watched it on-line. If I knew earlier I would have definitely taken the day and camped out to see him- oh well it was still a great appearance!!
  5. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

What I really LOVE about the promotion for this movie/the Muppets being reintroduced into the cultural consciousness...is the fact that Kermit gets routine work as an entertainer, day after day, week in week out and he can get a little more cheeky, have a bit more fun, round out his performances, develop some new catch phrases (Amphibian American anyone???) and really dig deep to bring about amazing performances like this one.
  6. zoebell

zoebell Active Member

aww, i want to see it!
  7. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Active Member

Me too, me too
  8. Hilleyb

Hilleyb New Member

9. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

10. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

I watched his video this morning as I was getting dressed for school. What a perfectly lovely way to start the day.
  11. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

I have to admit, Kermit's appearance on the show was a good one. I especially enjoyed that little comment he made about Gonzo doing the Muppets Christmas tree.:)
  12. robodog

robodog Active Member

I remember hearing about this on the news at about 6 AM a bit ago. I was half asleep and I perked up when I heard Kermit's name. Then I promptly passed out again.