1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

TV Comeback for Muppets?

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Gorgon Heap, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

2. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Huh. That's VERY interesting... I definitely could see it happening if the movie is popular enough--but I doubt Segal would be signed on to write the show too, but who knows! Stranger things have happened! I don't know how much of this I actually believe... but either way, the movie's not due out until 2010, so we've got awhile to figure out if this is true or not.
  3. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Especially since there are also rumors swirling about saying the movie's been delayed or outright cancelled. Plus, IMDB is pretty unreliable anyhow, considering that it is just as inaccurate as Wikipedia can be (maybe even moreso).
  4. theprawncracker

Where the heck did you hear that? I have heard no such rumor. :smirk:
  5. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Me either?
  6. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

I heard it being mentioned somewhere in the recesses of the Segal film thread.
  7. theprawncracker

Huh... well... no evidence gives proof of that being the truth, and I don't believe it at all.
  8. peyjenk

peyjenk New Member

I just saw that, too! (as ashamed as I am to admit that I sometimes read IMDB's news page.....)

Anyway, just in case it disappears from Gorgon Heap's link, here is the text of the blurb:

9. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

I just hope the script is well-done.
  10. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Well till i hear about this canceling of the movie or anything else i won't believe it at all.
  11. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

This Stuff Is SERIOUS!

My local news station actually did a news report on the whole Segal-Muppet movie thing. I think this thing is really going to work. They say if the movie goes through, we may see a new Muppet series and everything! As Prawny as said, it is truly a great day to be a Muppet fan!:excited::)
  12. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Good. Hopefully that means good news.
  13. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I think some of these sources around the web (positive like the imdb and negative like the anonymous source on newsflash's blog) are trying to appear more knowledgeable than they actually are. I believe in the official press statements unless otherwise officially contradicted. I believe in possibilities; however a Segel written Muppet Show is only likely if the film does well. His film is not due out until 2010 so a television show wouldn't happen until 2011 at the earliest if at all. I do like the idea, but one wonders where this info comes from.
  14. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Hey, if they can get the Muppets on TV in this climate of twittering tweenage pandering, moronic game shows that insult their contestants, and CSI having too many spinoffs and ripoffs (mostly on its own channel... seriously... do we even NEED Navy NCIS?) they can do anything. I'm still pretty skeptic. Unless Syndicated TV takes a total 180, and becomes the great source of original programming again, instead of a factory where TV show judges get put together.
  15. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

But why? They should wait until the movie officially is made or is officially canned.
  16. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

Bear in mind also that his day job is on "How I Met Your Mother" and he would be unlikely to have the time to star in one weekly program while writing for another.

Plus, a new Muppet Show wouldn't be "Segel-written"; how many TV shows have just one writer? Answer: none.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  17. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

One's a job and the other's probably a hobby.
  18. theprawncracker

No... I think both are jobs. Screenwriting is indeed a profession, and that is indeed what he'd be doing, along with acting. So he'd have two jobs. Which I do, indeed, find highly unlikely. Especially when we have a team of brilliant writers like Kirk Thatcher and Jim Lewis in waiting, ready to do a show like this.
  19. WeatherbySwann

WeatherbySwann New Member

Sounds exciting! :)
    I hope it's true.
  20. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

I just hope we don't have to wait forever for this to occur! XD