TV experience?

hondo42

Reaction score
Hello everyone (first-time poster here),

Does anyone have any experience in starting up a puppet TV project, and especially, does anyone have advice on how to fund one? I'm a college student with a good idea for a program, which I would like to develop. Unfortunately, my college's TV station - which was my first try - isn't interested in a puppet show.

If anyone has any advice for how to start/fund this kind of project (generally speaking), I'd love to hear it!

Thanks
hondo42 :excited:

beakerfan76

Reaction score
I've been on the same boat, except I convinced my school's TV station that it'd be mature, not kiddy. Did you try telling your college TV station your show would be mature? I'm talking Muppet mature, not rated R stuff.

I know how you feel, ideas shot down due to one aspect. What kind of puppet show were you going to do anyway?

Melonpool

Reaction score
Here's what I'd suggest -- get a video camera (borrow it if you have to) -- and make a "demo" of what you have in mind. I'd write up something beforehand and ask friends to help out. As far as a set goes, put up a sheet on the wall to make a neutral background. It doesn't matter if this attempt is prefect -- just get the idea across.

A lot of people have a terrible time visualizing anything. You have to take their hand and lead them the whole way. Keep it short (under 5 mins) and funny. Also, pay attention to things like performance and heads in the shots.

If worse comes to worse, you can always stick it up on youtube and develop your own cult following until they come after you to put it on TV.