TV Finales: Good & Bad

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
My favorites:
Friends: a brilliant way to end a brilliant show
Only fools and horses: both the original finale and the comeback finale were brilliantly written and were just amazing.
Fraggle rock: No words
The inbetweeners: not really a finale but a great final episode
The Muppets: a good episode but a shame it didn't get renewed

Bad
ALF just didn't enjoy it and was cancelled so we were stuck with the CRAP tv movie

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Friends: a brilliant way to end a brilliant show
Honestly, Friends' finale is one of those that is brilliantly done, but for one reason or another the finale scene didn't do as much for me as for other people. I have no clue why because looking at it again it's brilliant. Don't know if I was feeling disappointed or more 'why does it have to end so soon??' :stick_out_tongue:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I didn't hate the Friends finale by any means, but I just think certain things were stretched out too much because the episode was too long. I actually remember feeling quite emotional watching the last scene the first time, but the whole "will they?/won't they?" thing with Ross and Rachel got super tired after a while.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
If we're not talking series, just season.

The Season 2 finale of The Last Man on Earth was amazing.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
If we're not talking series, just season.

The Season 2 finale of The Last Man on Earth was amazing.
I've been meaning to watch that show. I love me some Kristen Schaal.

And, okay, if we're doing season finales. The revival of Doctor Who is pretty hit or miss, I enjoy some finales more than others. Season 3's "Last of the Time Lords" was probably my least favorite, followed by the season 6 finale "The Wedding of River Song". However, the first season two parter Bad Wolf/ The Parting of the Ways were a perfect conclusion to that year's story arc and a great send off for the ninth Doctor. Donna's last three episodes Turn Left, Stolen Earth, and Jouney's End were pretty near perfect in my opinion as well. Oh, and than, there was The Pandorica Opens which was extremely exciting, and, and..... i'm gonna be here all day if I list all the things I love about those episodes!

As for series finales that are fully satisfying, I can't really think of very many. All the last episodes that i've seen have either just been underwhelming or happened after a show had already jumped the shark.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I didn't hate the Friends finale by any means, but I just think certain things were stretched out too much because the episode was too long. I actually remember feeling quite emotional watching the last scene the first time, but the whole "will they?/won't they?" thing with Ross and Rachel got super tired after a while.
Well when I watched it, I knew what was going to happen already, so the Ross / Rachel thing didn't bother me. Made for some funny stuff.