TV Ratings for NBC's "A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa".

bknatchbull

Reaction score
Hello,

Here are last night's ratings for the Muppet special:

Fast National ratings for Wednesday, Dec. 17, 2008

The networks' last night of regular, original programming before the end-of-year break resulted in a clean sweep for CBS.

The Eye averaged a 7.7 rating/13 share Wednesday night, leading second-place NBC, 4.0.7, by a wide margin. ABC took third with a 3.7/6, narrowly beating out FOX's 3.5/6. The CW earned a 1.3/2.

CBS also led the adults 18-49 demographic with a 3.2 rating. NBC finished second with a 2.0. ABC and FOX tied for third at 1.8, while The CW posted a 0.7.

"The New Adventures of Old Christine," 5.0/9, and "Gary Unmarried," 5.0/8, put CBS on top at 8 p.m. FOX finished second in households with "Secret Millionaire," 4.3/7, but NBC's "A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa" (4.1/7) had more total viewers. "Pushing Daisies" drew a 3.0/5 for ABC. The CW aired a repeat of "The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show."
:smile:

Brian Knatchbull
MuppetNewsHound

Vic Romano

Reaction score
A lot of my (non-Muppet fan) watched and really enjoyed this too, so these numbers are solid.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I already posted the ratings and this article gives you a much better view of how the muppets did as it is the highest rated xmas special for NBC thus far.

http://www.medialifemagazine.com/artman2/publish/Overnights_50/Puppet_glow_NBC_s_Muppets_is_tops.asp
Now that makes sense to me. I didn't get the other numbers. Good thing this was on NBC as I don't think running it on ABC at that hour would have pleased Pushing Daisies fans. I think Disney knows what they're doing with the Muppets. I'm just going to go with it for a while. My cautious optimism has turned into general optimism.

Davina

Reaction score
for my part.. I watched Pushing Daisies (while I still can... *sigh*) and taped Muppets and watched that right after (figured since I'd be taping that one anyway, regardless...)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
for my part.. I watched Pushing Daisies (while I still can... *sigh*) and taped Muppets and watched that right after (figured since I'd be taping that one anyway, regardless...)
I watched both as well. Daisies was *very* good this week! Almost as good as watching an all-new Muppet special! :wink:

Davina

Reaction score
hehe true.. i could almost see a nice cross over between the 2.. *sighs - if only*

Drtooth

Reaction score
"The New Adventures of Old Christine," 5.0/9, and "Gary Unmarried," 5.0/8, put CBS on top at 8 p.m. FOX finished second in households with "Secret Millionaire," 4.3/7, but NBC's "A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa" (4.1/7) had more total viewers. "Pushing Daisies" drew a 3.0/5 for ABC. The CW aired a repeat of "The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show."
I'm glad that it got good ratings and all (those are good, right?) but it lost to that God Awful Julia Louis Dryfus abortion? And the even unfunnier Jay Mohr thing? I'm sorry, but THAT was the show that broke the Seinfeld curse? It's even worse than "Listen Up." And That one was a new gold standard in terrible.

Anyway, I hope this is the news that Disney wants to hear... I WANT new muppet projects. I want that new movie that those dudes are writing to happen. I don't want another lul like we had after OZ...

MGov

Reaction score
I missed the first 40 minutes. But it's on Hulu.

So I 'll watch it there.