TV show DVD featurette observation

Drtooth

Reaction score
I thought "The Best of Bullwinkle Sings" made sense to a degree... it's a phony commercial for Bullwinkle's "new album"...
Not saying those weren't cute, though. But I'da rather seen more commercials, more of the Puppet, or other rare things from the course of the TV show. Or at least clips from other episodes not featured on DVD.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Not saying those weren't cute, though. But I'da rather seen more commercials, more of the Puppet, or other rare things from the course of the TV show. Or at least clips from other episodes not featured on DVD.
I think that the puppet segments should have been included as part of the show, just like they originaly were (though I don't know if any were shot and unaired).

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think that the puppet segments should have been included as part of the show, just like they originaly were (though I don't know if any were shot and unaired).
They weren't. And even though this techincally was a repackaged collection of the show (The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends from 1997), they wouldn't have put any of those as parts of the show anyway, since they were used mainly for the Bullwinkle show on NBC. As the first seasons released (the only ones released, for that matter) were episodes seen originally on RoCky and his Friends, which aired on ABC, they wouldn't have made much sense.

Plus, i don't think they had enough puppet footage for all those half hours of the program. After all, the Puppet didn't last too long... what with badmouthing color TV, Walt Disney, the network, and all... then telling kids to pull knobs off their TV sets.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Hmm.. I do seem to remember some Bull Winkle puppets not that you mention it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well wait a minute, remember the Season Three DVD set had a featurette that had several puppet segments, including the one where Bullwinkle tells the little kiddies to pull the knobs off their sets to make sure they'll stay tuned with them next week.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well wait a minute, remember the Season Three DVD set had a featurette that had several puppet segments, including the one where Bullwinkle tells the little kiddies to pull the knobs off their sets to make sure they'll stay tuned with them next week.
Wasn't able to get season 3 yet. However, they do have featurettes on the best of sets featuring puppet intors to Dudley Do-Right and Peabody and Sherman. I wouldn't have bought them myself, but I got them as gifts.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I've done that before. Good thing it was re-attachable.:stick_out_tongue:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
i hate when dvds try to say "interactive menus" are special features. theres nothing really interactive about them except they generally move.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
i hate when dvds try to say "interactive menus" are special features. theres nothing really interactive about them except they generally move.
Well, there are SOME interactive DVD menus out there...

Muppet Treasure Island has pretty amusing interactive menus with Gonzo and Rizzo trying to instruct you on what to do.

The Cat in the Hat too where Sally and Conrad try to persuade you to check out the features they have to offer, while ignoring the other.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
now that i'm thinking about it, the lion king menu has the birdy guy (his name is totally escaping me right now) yelling at you to hurry up and pick something and sugests things for you to pick