TV shows that drive you crazy!

Fozzie

Reaction score
Any reality tv shows drive me crazy. Although I do sometimes watch the first few episodes of Merican Idol to see how bad some people sing. It is hilarious.

Whatever

Reaction score
I dislike American Idol, not that I watched it, I saw the German version, Deutschland Sucht den Superstar. The problem is that they take kids with no experience and make them superstars suddenly and the kids have the privileges of a superstar without the talent or voice and without earning any money. So when ppl forget about them, unlike real stars who worked hard to reach the top, they have no backup plans or savings to fall back on.

Beebers

Reaction score
All "reality" shows, none of which so much as brush shoulders with reality as they pass each other in the hall of life.

American Idol, because it's all about public humiliation and nothing about fostering talents and hopes.

What Not To Wear, in which horrible, snotty, ill-bred, unattractive, badly-dressed "experts" have the gall to humiliate perfectly attractive people into appearing the way they say they should. And why would anyone sit still for this? There's a very distressing overall trend in the TV humiliation genre, which anyone with a particle of self-respect would not participate in or revel in watching.

Las Vegas (or Vegas, whatever it is, with James Caan), which, if this is possible given such stiff competition in these categories, the most poorly-acted, self-important, shallow series currently airing.

P

Philo and Gunge

Let's see

Full House:wink:
George Lopez
Pokemon
Digimon
JoJo's Circus (Why I was watching it, I don't know)
Barney and Friends!

mupvisiongirl

Reaction score
Amazing Mumford said:
Good topic 'cuz I have a lot of them. I cannot stand the show "Mama's Family"--literally just cannot watch it for some reason. It's absolutely terrible.

Thems fighting words! Mama's Family is one of my guilty pleasures- it seriously cracks me up!
I think Fear Factor and Survivor tie for worst show ever in my book- think they just reward the worst qualities in people. Yes Dear is pretty bad too :stick_out_tongue:

jediX

Reaction score
Hey!!! I like Full House (so what, I don't care what people think about that anymore lol)

The only 'reality' show worth watching for me is that hilarious Newlyweds one. Heh heh, that replaces Jerry Springer as my self esteem booster :wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I love all of the Law and Order programs. They are over-saturated now, but from writing to exectution it's one of the well crafted shows on television and my second favorite only to the Muppet Show. That's why it has lasted so long.

The programs I really hate (and that is the correct word) are the general reality shows like Fear Factor. I caught a glimpse of a "family" episode of Fear Factor last week where a pre-teen girl was encouraged by her father to crawl through a tube of big lard and cow toungues. The host was cheering her on the whole way. What parent would subject their child to something so humiliating? I'm fairly open minded when it comes to entertainment, but that kind of exploitation - especially envolving kids - is the lowest form of disgusting behavior. :grouchy:

I have watched some Idol and doesn't bother me that much because they young people are at an age of consent and most of them (after the tryouts) are talented. The judging can appear harsh, but anyone who's been to a professional audition knows that's how it goes much of the time. There's usually no nice Paula Abdul to soften the blow.

jediX

Reaction score
And to think, Fear Factor is the highest rated show among children. How appalling...

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Shows like Fear Factor really bother me too. And stuff like COPS. I don't know, I find a lot of "reality" shows exploitative. I do like American Idol, though. Can't help myself. The bad auditions are great, and the talented folks are fun to watch--what I really like about it is how much it gets people to pay attention to singing and performing. And since they don't make them eat disgusting things to advance to the next round, I'm all for it...