TV shows that drive you crazy!

mupvisiongirl

Reaction score
jediX said:
The only 'reality' show worth watching for me is that hilarious Newlyweds one. Heh heh, that replaces Jerry Springer as my self esteem booster :wink:

Yeah- Jessica Simpson makes me feel like a rocket scientist in compasison! :big_grin:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Hehe, I like Full House too. :stick_out_tongue:
Erin
I always kinda liked it as a "guilty pleasure," along with "The Hogan Family" and other such family sitcoms.

Ooh, and "Small Wonder" too!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
mupvisiongirl said:
Thems fighting words! Mama's Family is one of my guilty pleasures- it seriously cracks me up!
THANK you! I knew since ya have Mokey as your avatar that you'd have to have good taste... :wink:

:cool:

And yeah, anyone that can't appreciate Vicki's comic timin', delivery, expressions, and movements...well, it's sad, but why bother tryin' to show someone the truth who refuses to see it?

:stick_out_tongue:

(no real offense, AmazingMumford! :smile: )

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
I love Mama's Family too! Vicki Lawrence is a comic genius! Besides the fact that Mama is a 98% correct characterization of my Grandma. We have rediscovered this show on TBS in the early morning but thanks to Tivo we can watch it anytime.

The shows that annoy me to death are as follows:

Law and Order (any incarnation)
Any Judge show such as Judge Judy
Pretty much any reality show

I really like American Idol but for one reason only: the sexy Mz. Paula Abdul :flirt:

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
And yeah, anyone that can't appreciate Vicki's comic timin', delivery, expressions, and movements...well, it's sad, but why bother tryin' to show someone the truth who refuses to see it?

:stick_out_tongue:

(no real offense, AmazingMumford! :smile: )
LOL...no offense taken. To each his own--I guess that's why they have so many TV channels. I'm just thankful that it's been relegated to daytime on TBS, so I don't have nightmares about Mama's voice when I go to sleep. :smile:

AndyWan Kenobi said:
Ooh, and "Small Wonder" too!
Small Wonder was great. I remember wishing my family had a robot maid-daughter like Vicki. If only that show was still on...

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Dr. Bombay said:
I love Mama's Family too! Vicki Lawrence is a comic genius! Besides the fact that Mama is a 98% correct characterization of my Grandma. We have rediscovered this show on TBS in the early morning but thanks to Tivo we can watch it anytime.
Really? It's on TBS? I'll have to see if I can catch it sometime! I've only seen bits and pieces of it at other people's houses, and on CBS specials and that sort of thing. Hooray for TBS! :smile:
Erin

Beebers

Reaction score
mupvisiongirl said:
Yeah- Jessica Simpson makes me feel like a rocket scientist in compasison! :big_grin:
ANYONE is a rocket scientist by comparison to Jessica Simpson.

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
I can't believe nobody's mentioned "According To Jim"!!!! I can't stand shows/commercials/movies that make it look like all men are sports fanatics that can't handle themselves around the house with the kids. I was a stay-at-home dad for over a year and I really resent that stereotype being perpetuated. You see that in those JC Penny commercials too...some kid going nuts and the guy sitting reading the sports section in a team jersey of some kind and just saying, "Where's your mother?", assuming that she should be home with the kid, but of course, SHE'S OUT SHOPPING!! Women only shop and take care of the kids and men only watch sports and ask the women for beer while they sit on the couch. Hmmph!!! You'd think we'd be past that sort of thing by now, wouldn't you? Gimme a break!

sorry....I'm ranting.....*sigh*

later
eric