TVTV at Atlanta Wizard World

spcglider

Reaction score
Hey all you puppet fans!

It looks like we'll be attending (and hopefully getting a table at) Atlanta Wizard World convention coming up on December 4th and 5th!

If we have a table, we'll be bringing some of the puppets, selling our DVDs, and hobnobbing with anyone who walks up!

If you're an Atlant-ian, or are prone to attend Wizard World shows, drop on by!

Of course, if we don't manage to get a table, we'll be there anyway doing the tourist gig! Maybe we'll see you?

-Gordon

Melonpool

Reaction score
How do you take the puppets? I can't remember the way I did it last time (I think I put them into a large hard suitcase and prayed). Pre-9/11, I used to bring them in a shopping bag, but was worried about what they'd look like as carryon with all the mechs and whatnot inside some of them.

Anyone else have any experience traveling with puppets?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Traveling with puppets that have mechs should not be a problem; it's likely after they are X-rayed they will want to take them out for a secondary inspection, so you should allow lots of time to go through security. Other than that it should be fine.

Oh and Pelican cases - although sometimes very expensive - are a good way to securely travel with puppets and gear if you need to check your luggage.

spcglider

Reaction score
How do you take the puppets? I can't remember the way I did it last time (I think I put them into a large hard suitcase and prayed). Pre-9/11, I used to bring them in a shopping bag, but was worried about what they'd look like as carryon with all the mechs and whatnot inside some of them.

Anyone else have any experience traveling with puppets?
First off, None of my puppets have mechs inside. So no worries there.

Usually we load puppets in a large suitcase and check them at the counter. Our puppets usually travel pretty well... mostly soft and squishy. They end up being padding for our little dvd player!

-G

Melonpool

Reaction score
I only have one puppet with machs -- but the arm rods aren't removable on most of them, so I lumping those into the "mech" category. Could rods be considered weapons?

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
The last time I traveled with a puppet, I got a hard rolling box from an office supply store, then put that in a cardboard box and shipped it ahead. The day I was leaving, I shipped it back to myself so I would beat it home.

spcglider

Reaction score
Good news! We actually HAVE a table at the artist alley area of the convention!

So... Puppet Forge puppets WILL travel!

If anyone on Muppet Central is an Atlant-ian, maybe we'll see you there?

-Gordon:smile:

spcglider

Reaction score
Getting SO close to jumping on that plane to Atlanta!

Just have to struggle through tomorrow and bang-zoom!

Atlanta Comic Con, here we come!

-Gordon