Tween Dora?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
What was that sound? Sounds like a splash....Ah that's right, I think Dora has jumped her final shark!

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Well, she certainly can't do any jungle exploring in THOSE shoes XD

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
You know frankly, I think companies should expect this reaction from parents, even if no harm is intended. The public has been inundated with "overly mature" female figures in pop culture and they're starting to except and dread it.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I don't think she looks too mature at all...I don't think it is a good idea, I didn't think the first was..but I actually like the style of the picture for clothing and things...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well I think she looks kinda cute and all, hehe. It's just that I'm being reminded of Polly Pocket being thrilled to death about new shoes at the mall, lol.

Kiki

Reaction score
Little kid: "Mummy, what are those... things sticking out of Dora's top?"

Lol, I'm sorry. I couldn't resist. =P

I heard they're gonna to the same thing with The Powerpuff Girls. *Shrug* Friend told me.

Redsonga

Reaction score
But..she doesn't have anything sticking out..at all :confused: I really think everyone is making too big a deal about this :stick_out_tongue:...and I am the first one to say something if things are even a little odd/weird. She looks no different than the new SSC or Holly Hobby IMHO (not that that is the best thing but I really don't see anything... adult about them. I wish they wouldn't wear make up and SSC would go back to her ragdoll look, but that is another can of worms)

And the teen versions of PPGs were done years and years ago and didn't go anywhere, so I wouldn't worry about that :smile:.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
She looks no different than the new SSC or Holly Hobby IMHO (not that that is the best thing but I really don't see anything adult about them):smile:.
I think you're right, but that also presents the concerns I mentioned before. That they might protray her as sort of a giggling mall-girl. I'm amazed at the amount of kids shows that still protray their girl characters that way. I guess it's mainly to get girls to keep buying the merchandise, heh.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I think you're right, but that also presents the concerns I mentioned before. That they might protray her as sort of a giggling mall-girl. I'm amazed at the amount of kids shows that still protray their girl characters that way. I guess it's mainly to get girls to keep buying the merchandise, heh.
Well, looking like trashy teens (which they don't, besides wearing makeup, to me) and being turned into air heads are two different things all together:smile:. I always thought Dora was more than a bit of an air head anyway, so that doesn't shock me...But Strawberry or Holly on the other hand, they don't seem to be allowed to just be little girls and play in their fantasy worlds anymore, which is sad (SSC isn't going to be allowed to have friends with names based on cakes and things, but fruits... because we all know that even make believe sugar rots teeth :coy:-.-). They always have to be fashion wise or teaching now (and Holly doesn't even know any of those old sayings she was always famous for *sigh*:cry:)