Tween Dora?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah! I saw the silhouette, and it looked a bit different. But what's all this about her being respected more when she looked more like a tom boy... I mean are they say you have to look like a boy to be respected?

And is this just going to be a shallow thing about Shopping and stuff like that?

Redsonga

Reaction score
It's weird on the other end of things to, where people seem to think the wearing a dress with cute bloomers and a bonnet/creampuff shaped hat look is also something to be looked down upon :frown:.

I may have been a tomboy when I was little, but I liked the pretty old fashion style dresses for dolls to (more so than any Barbie styles of the moment :3)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's weird on the other end of things to, where people seem to think the wearing a dress with cute bloomers and a bonnet/creampuff shaped hat look is also something to be looked down upon :frown:.
Well it shouldn't be looked down upon, but it's been used so often with bubbled-head female characters. I think the idea is that it's not exactly a functional outfit, heh, and so naturally girls would be the ones wearing them. :stick_out_tongue:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well it shouldn't be looked down upon, but it's been used so often with bubbled-head female characters. I think the idea is that it's not exactly a functional outfit, heh, and so naturally girls would be the ones wearing them. :stick_out_tongue:
That's the more depressing way of looking at it IMHO:sympathy:. I think the idea is that it is just the old fashion charm of the way people use to dress (but then you are talking to someone who would wear boomers and old fashion hats if people wouldn't think she was crazy. I'm thinking about getting some to sleep in *shh*)...and most of them weren't air heads I don't think. At least most of them had more important things and responsibilities they did to help other people in little adventures rather than just spending money and hanging out in the mall :3.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think the idea is that it is just the old fashion charm of the way people use to dress (but then you are talking to someone who would wear boomers and old fashion hats if people wouldn't think she was crazy.
You and me both, hehe. I love old fashioned clothing. But still, that's a very modern interpretation. In the old days, women's attire was made to separate them from men, in a non-flattering way. The idea that women needed to worry about looking pretty because they weren't allowed to be concerned with "men's issues." :wink:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well, if we are getting into that dresses with bloomers shouldn't be looked down upon because more than being underwear they were a symbol of women's rights to began with, so meh :3!...
But getting back on subject, putting all the new versions of characters in jeans or dress like tops with jeans under them and looking down on being 'girly' is just going a bit too far to me :\. When the trouble with the new versions is more often than not just their new personalities and trying to write them as 'cool'-.-. Can't little ones just get to play anymore :frown:?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well, if we are getting into that dresses with bloomers shouldn't be looked down upon because more than being underwear they were a symbol of women's rights to began with, so meh :3!...
No you're absolutely right, bloomers were a good thing for women. :flirt:

When the trouble with the new versions is more often than not just their new personalities and trying to write them as 'cool'-.-.
Yeah I mean to me it's just society's attempt to convince kids to be sheep. All looking and acting and talking the same and enjoying the same entertainment (and incidentally, buying the same merchandise :wink:).

Redsonga

Reaction score
Not everyone gives into that though, which is good :smile:. But to do that they have to have strong parents that have told them that the media isn't always right :wink:.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Not everyone gives into that though, which is good :smile:. But to do that they have to have strong parents that have told them that the media isn't always right :wink:.
Thank goodness for that! And parents who raise strong kids who are able to be themselves and make their own decisions, even when it's hard.

I actually think the original Dora was a pretty good role model overall. Hopefully this new idea won't be a repeat of "New Coke" (as that article postulated hehe).