Twillight Zone fans at MC?

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Hiya.Just wondering,how many Twillight Zone fans there are at MC?What are your favorite episodes,favorite celebrities.Have you had any Twillight Zone experiences?Here's a good TZ website!:cool:

GooGoo - The Twilight Zone Enjoy!

Ziffel

Reaction score
I just watched an episode of this great show about an hour ago. Just did a search and found your thread here from last year. :smile:
Yeah "The Twilight Zone" is one fantastic program. The style is just so magnificent. The chilling music, the window glass breaking, the visuals of the stars and darkness of outer space. And the camera work going up to Rod Serling, and Rod's introductions and concluding comments. The shows themselves were very well written, very suspenseful, and superbly acted.
I always enjoyed watching these late at night as a teen. I taped some a few years ago from one of those weekend marathons they had. Gonna be fun to start going through them again. And I'm talking about the original early 60's Zones, of course. :smile: The one I watched tonight is "The Fear."
Let's let Rod Serling, from "The Fear", close this post:

"Fear, of course, is extremely relative. It depends on who can look down and who must look up. It depends on other vagaries, like the time, the mood, the darkness. But it's been said before with great validity that the worse thing there is to fear is fear itself. Tonight's tale of terror and tiny people - on the Twilight Zone."
doodoo doodoo doodoo doodoo.....

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
now entering the Twillight Zone

Thanks for replying Ziffel.I found my Twillight Zone book I bought at Disney's Pleasure Island,with most of the original stories(from the original series).I also have an updated book version from the recent series,plus several episodes from the sci-fi channel marathon that ran several years ago(hosted by Jack Klugman). I especially love Florida's Tower of Terror,amazing 13 story drop.Moreover,I have my Twillight Zone guidebook,always a useful reference.

Here's the episode guide,from the Sci-Fi channel site,for the original series.

http://www.scifi.com/twilightzone/index.html

A nice TZoT site.

http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/attot.html

rexcrk

Reaction score
I like the Twilight Zone!

Here are a few of my favorite episodes:

"To Serve Man" when the aliens come and they help out mankind but at the end the woman's like "'To Serve Man'! It's a cook book!" It's my all-time favorite episode of the Twilight Zone

my second favorite is the one with the pig-faced people that are considered good-looking while the girl who really is good-looking is considered ugly.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
rexcrk said:
my second favorite is the one with the pig-faced people that are considered good-looking while the girl who really is good-looking is considered ugly.
The Eye of the Beholder..and To Serve Man,both very good choices.Here are some of my favs.(including those 2):

• The Lonely
  • The Fever
  • A Game of Pool
  • He's Alive
  • The Invaders
  • The Dummy
  • It's a Good Life
  • The Living Doll
  • The Little People
  • The Masks
  • The Midnight Sun
  • Minature
  • A Most Unusual Camera
  • Monsters are Due on Maple Street
  • Nick of Time
  • Nightmare at 20,000 Feet
  • Nothing in the Dark
  • One for the Angels
  • A Penny for your Thoughts
  • Time Enough at Last
  • Two
  • Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up
  • Deaths-Head Revisited
  • Four O'Clock
  • In His Image
  • The New Exhibit
  • A Short Drink From A Certain Fountain
  • After Hours

Ziffel

Reaction score
Well I just typed in a bunch of stuff and then had to go and accidentally hit the escape key and it cleared all the text! Anyone know if there's anything you can do in that situation to retrieve the typed material? Also, has anyone else ever done this frustrating thing? (One time 2 or 3 years ago I had typed an extremely long email to someone and then accidentally hit some key that cleared the whole thing before I hit send!)

Anyway, I first remarked about how I too, like Janice, have a lot of favorites from the Zone. They are all so good.
Then I mentioned how I watched the episode, "The Brain Center at Whipple's" last night. And that I recognized Richard Deacon as the star right away (who would later go on to play Mel in "Dick Van Dyke"). And I added about how I often fall asleep in front of the tv when I watch it in evenings after having worked a hard day. Well last night I had made it near the end of the show (only about 3 or 4 minutes left) when I fell asleep and woke up and saw it was into another episode. So I rewound it to the prior spot but fell asleep again. This happened about TWELVE times! I kept thinking, "Only 3 or 4 minutes left to watch. As tired as I am, it's such a short time I gotta be able to keep awake through this." Pretty amazing how easy it is to drift off so quickly in front of the tube!
Lastly, I asked if you liked the Twilight Zone movie from 1983. My opinion is that as a movie it is fair but the big disappointment was that it lacked the style and spirit of the original. I thought the last of the four stories, the John Lithgow remake of "Nightmare at 20,000 feet" was the best one in the movie. And the first one with Vic Morrow was my least favorite. The best part of the movie to me was the beginning scene with Albert Brooks and Dan Aykroyd in that car. Very enjoyable.
Good, here we are near the end and the text is still here. (Course, if I were to hit the esc key AGAIN or some other key to cause loss of the data, then I would start to think that I am in the Twilight Zone! :big_grin:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I enjoyed Twilight Zone-The Movie.Unfortunately Vic Morrow,RIP,passed away while filming,I've seen the footage,not pleasant to watch.The opening with Albert Brooks and Dan Aykroyd(2 of my fav. comedic actors) was awesome,"You wanna see something really scary?" Vic Morrow's segment was poignant.I liked the movie version of Kick the Can better than the tv show's version. Both versions of It's a Good Life(tv show and movie) are about the same,Bill Mumy(who was in the tv show),was in the movie as a diner customer.Nancy Cartwright(voice of Bart Simpson) being wished into Cartoonland,hamburgers with peanutbutter & a creature I've nicknamed TVTaz(coming out of the tv set).The remake of 20,000 Feet I thought was better in the movie version,especially the costume/makeup for the gremlin & John Lithgow was a great cast.Plus,Dan Aykroyd's wife Donna Dixon as a stewardess.Overall,3 out of 4 stars.

Sometimes in this site,had it happen to me in GreatestJournal too,my posting will just disappear.I'll be typing and on its on will submit,nothing(that's this site).GreatestJournal,the whole post just started erasing itself.I asked for Father Merrin on that day.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Yes that was very sad and tragic what happened to Vic Morrow during the filming. Just like was really awful what happened around the same time after "Poltergeist" was released - Dominique Dunne murdered by her boyfriend. (And then poor little Heather O'Rourke dying at age 12 a few years later).

G-MAN

Reaction score
I love The Twilight Zone, I have both the Episode Guide book and a book of original stories, I hope to have enough money to get the DVD's because the Special Features look really cool.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Yeah it looks like these new 'definitive' edition dvds of the Zones are really good. Tons of extras and the best sound and visual quality ever released for the show. But therefore pretty high priced and so I'll probably just settle for the status quo of the shows I have (which are in excellent quality anyway) and get the remaining shows I need by a low priced vhs or dvd that has 3 or 4 shows. Thankfully, it's had a ton of releases over the years and is vastly available from people through sites like ebay and amazon.
Watched a couple of episodes late last night (the best time to watch them!), though I was too sleepy to make it through the second one all the way. "Walking distance" was the first one. The character was my age now and went back to his hometown and saw everyone and everything just as it was back then. He was trying to convince his parents that it was their son now grown up 25 years later. He even saw himself as he was back then too and talked to him. That would be pretty neat to get to go back to my Maryland hometown and interact with the people just as they were (including myself as a child!) back in the 70's. But was still fun visiting the old area a few years ago. So much change though, and so many people have moved, but I stopped at my old elementary school and was really neat that the same secretary was still there (she was in her last year before retiring). So that was great that I got to find out from her some of the things that happened to the teachers I had (like my first grade teacher is a widow and in Florida now, my second grade teacher had just retired after spending all 30 years at the same school, and my third grade teacher had died a few years before at about age 88. And the principal is now very hard of hearing. [Guess with so many years gone by there's bound to be some bad news updates too!]).
Anyway, the Twilight Zone is fabulous. They also made comic books of them in the 60's - 80's with Rod Serling on the cover. I think I might have had one or two. That'd be fun to check those out again.