UK "Change Of Address"

Foodie

Reaction score
Recently, I bought a region 1 version of the recent UK Fraggle Rock DVD set. I was taking a risk since the copy I already had was region 2. Turned out that this region 1 version I bought was a bootleg. I sort of figured that but then was shocked and amazed to find out that these were episodes with the Captain and not Doc! I'd never seen a non-Doc episode of Fraggle Rock before.
What's even better is that some of the episodes I got contained Gobo in some of the Capatin's scenes. Seeing new Fraggle Rock footage, ( well, new as in " new to me " ), is something I've been longing for for almost 2 decades. Needless to say, I've been slipping in a lot of drool puddles in my house these past few days.

So, I've been wondering, does anyone know what was the UK version of " Change of Address " like? Was Faulton McKay still alive for that episode? ( For that matter, is he alive in general? ) The opening for " Capture the Moon " had a different Captain too. Was it the same guy? I thought I heard there were a few different Captains.

The other thing I noticed about the Captain scenes in comparrison to the Doc scenes is that the Captain's scenes seem to be written with less of the intent to get laughs. He's almost a bit ...cold at times.

Also, if anyone has some region 1 copies of the UK ( or German & French (?)) version/versions that they be willing to sell, I'm interested. The ones I have already are:

The Secret Of Convincing John
Boober's Quiet Day
Boober's Dream
Boober Rock ( I think )
A Friend In Need
Capture The Moon
Junior Sells The Farm
Mokey And The Minstrels
The Day The Music Died
The Invasion Of The Toe Ticklers
The Doomsday Soup

I wanna say I have " Red's Clup " too but I dunno. I have whichever episodes that were on that recent UK DVD set.

Later,

Nick :smirk:

anathema

Reaction score
Fulton Mackay appeared in all of the shows made up until his death in (I think 1987). Two other actors followed him (playing different characters); I can't recall who one of them was, but the other was John Gordon-Sinclair (as "PK") who made his first appearance in "Born To Wander", transmitted January 1988.

Mackay does appear in the titles for "Capture the Moon", but it is a different shot to that used on the other shows on the DVD set.

All told, 24 of the UK shows have been released - the 12 in the DVD set and a further 12 on VHS back in the 80s.

Foodie

Reaction score
anathema said:
Fulton Mackay appeared in all of the shows made up until his death in (I think 1987). Two other actors followed him (playing different characters); I can't recall who one of them was, but the other was John Gordon-Sinclair (as "PK") who made his first appearance in "Born To Wander", transmitted January 1988.

Mackay does appear in the titles for "Capture the Moon", but it is a different shot to that used on the other shows on the DVD set.

All told, 24 of the UK shows have been released - the 12 in the DVD set and a further 12 on VHS back in the 80s.

So, did the Captain actually die in the series? Like Mr. Hooper died on Sesame Street?

Nick

anathema

Reaction score
No, he either retired or was posted elsewhere; I forget which.

Foodie

Reaction score
anathema said:
No, he either retired or was posted elsewhere; I forget which.
Did they say why he left Sprocket behind? :smirk:

Nick

anathema

Reaction score
Foodie said:
Did they say why he left Sprocket behind? :smirk:

Nick
I don't know, I haven't seen that show :smile: PK was the Captain's nephew, though.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
anathema said:
The other actor's name is Simon O' Brien. His character's name was "BJ", with that kind of name I presume Brien plays PK's younger brother - I guess :smirk:

Here's pic of Simon with Sprocket that I scaned a while back - enjoy :big_grin:

CLICK TO VIEW

hope it helps

anathema

Reaction score
O'Brien made his first appearance in early '89, some time prior to Feburary 12th.

Collgoff

Reaction score
I seen some pictures of the UK's Change of address.
Well I wish I can see that episode!

Fraggline

Reaction score
I've got a question: in the UK, were the episodes shown in a different order than in the U.S? That is, were there 1st season episodes that were shown during the final season in the UK?