UK Disney Store now stocking Muppets!

abkeating2000

Reaction score
I went into the Disney Store yesterday (Guilford) to find that they are now stocking a range of Muppety goodness. They've had T-shirts for a while now (although all seem to be skinny fit size!) but now they've got plushes. My favorite item was an Animal :halo: cushion (£10) plus a range of beanies for £6 each. Some of the beanies were better than others. I mean Disney doesn't make the best pluses around and character likenesses can leave a lot to be desired! However they've got Rizzo, who's looking cute but not quite his normal self, Kermit, Fozzie, Chef, Gonzo, Statler, Waldorf, Beaker and Bunsen, possibly more that I can't recall.

The lady at the store said they'd only come in that day and she wasn't sure what else might be happening to the range. She noted, with regret, there doesn't seem to be any Piggy stuff - very odd! Also DS are selling the Kermit and Fozzie backpacks. And yes I would quite like one, but I'm 26 now and it would just be more camp than I could handle! :grouchy:

Andrew

Whatever

Reaction score
erniebert1234ss said:
Any chance we'll see it soon in US disney stores?

BJ
Probably, but they don't have anything yet. :smirk:

abkeating2000

Reaction score
Muppetsdownunder said:
Where abouts is that store? because im coming to the UK soon.
Disney Stores tend to be found in the larger towns across the UK. London has one, so if you visit there you should be OK! Also if you do go to London, Hamleys is worth checking out as they usually have muppet plushes in stock. Sometimes they have the "older" stuff like the sporting Kermits, that kind of thing.

Andrew

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Oh yes! we will definately be going to Hamleys! We're going to the US first so If I find muppet stuff there cheaper I'll probably get most of it there.

beneneuman

Reaction score
I went into the Disney store in Oxford Street this week to have a look at the new Muppets merchandise.

I've gotta say, the quality of the stuff is appalling! None of the plush toys resemble anything close to who they are supposed to be! Fozzie must be the worst of the bunch!

They also had three girl's t-shirts, which weren't of the greatest quality either. The likenesses of the characters (Kermit, Piggy and Animal if I remember rightly) seem to have been 'Disney-fied', that is, they've taken any personality from the characters and turned them into plain, flat images. Horrible.

As you can tell, I was very disappointed. :mad:

Drtooth

Reaction score
erniebert1234ss said:
Any chance we'll see it soon in US disney stores?

BJ

Considering the fact that the Disney Store may fell the same fate as the Warner Bros. store (which I liked much better), that is filing for chapter 11, I doubt we'll see ANYTHING like that unless it's in a catelogue or a web site.

With that said, I could care less for their bean bag likenesses, since other likenesses seem to be a bit off (though the George of the Jungle Beans seem to be pretty accurate, but they are simplified drawings). Inspector Gadget looked way off, but I got him any way....

But then a lot of the Tyco SS bean bags were totally off... way too fuzzy in some cases. And I really loved them!

metallithrax

Reaction score
beneneuman said:
I've gotta say, the quality of the stuff is appalling! None of the plush toys resemble anything close to who they are supposed to be! Fozzie must be the worst of the bunch!
I agree my g/f bought a plush & backpack today, and the plush is not the best looking fozzie we have. (We have about 50).

Luke

Reaction score
beneneuman said:
I would say the Swedish Chef, Beaker, Kermit aren't bad. Animal and Bunsen are kinda a bit off. The rest are way off.

The gems of the new stuff are the large Animal plush with poseable (wire) hands and legs as well as the Animal head pillow/cushion or whatever it is which is beautiful and a must have.