UK Goes Crazy Over McDonalds Happy Meals

Luke

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I was speaking to a contact on the corporate side of McDonalds who told me that they have been overwhelmed with demand for the Muppets UK Happy Meals to the point where most restaurants are selling out of the toys. Apparently they've had to bring forward the release dates of some toys to fill other ones that have sold out before being 'retired' and i heard that quantities of some of the characters is much lower than others. Animal and Fozzie only debuted in retaurants a few days ago but most restaurants are reportedly sold out and giving away 'Hot Wheels' or 'Barbie' instead until they get the next batch of Muppets in. It looks like these could end up very rare indeed - apparently kids are buying these up as soon as they get to stores and it could well be one of the fastest selling 'Happy Meals'.

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah exactly - i think i should have bolded the 'kids' ! :wink:

My mom was in a West London McDonalds tonight and she said that even while she was there some little lad came upto the counter wanting to buy 3 fozzies and an Animal even without the meal.

Warrick .... was that you ? I think you've cleared out the countries stocks !

beaker

Reaction score
My goodness, I wish that kind of fervent Muppet passion made it's way stateside. Sounds like they are more enlightened over there.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Cory,

Thats the point, They have already had too much of it Stateside.

See ya

Luke

Reaction score
I heard they've now moved onto Beaker today. Any idea what's going on Warrick ?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Luke,

None at all.

All i could think of was that they are squashing it down to fit in a Christmas Happy Meal.

See ya

Luke

Reaction score
So what one's are confirmed as being out now ?

I've seen :

Kermit/Chef
Animal/Fozzie
Beaker/?????

or maybe Beaker has just been moved up to replace low stocks of Animal ?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Luke,

Gonzo should come with Beaker.

Im going to go and check em out tommorow, and get the rest...

See ya

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I would come at night, grab the display case (if it's one of those standing plastic one's) and run!!!

lol! just kidding, wow! the muppet's sound like they are selling like the beenie babies Mc'D's had in the states, did the UK get them too?

Zack,