UK Play With Me Sesame

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
So a UK Co-Production of Play With Me Sesame is coming, With two new Muppets from England! Kip and Dominic!

It's going to air on Playhouse Disney very soon.

Does anyone know more about it?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
U.K. Deal for Sesame Workshop Series

NEW YORK, October 5: Disney UK will launch Sesame Workshop’s Play with Me Sesame on November 1 with two new Muppets created exclusively for the channel, Kit and Domby.

The series features classic Sesame Street characters Ernie, Bert, Grover and Prairie Dawn and is a co-production with Noggin, which airs the series in the U.S. The new additions, Kit and Domby, will appear in wraparound segments. The U.K. version will also feature local live action segments to reflect the lives of British children.

“Sesame Street, and by extension, Play With Me Sesame, is an engaging evergreen brand,” said Jennifer Monier-Williams, Sesame Workshop’s VP of global television distribution. “It's much more than letters and numbers. It’s a celebration of children as thinking individuals, reaching for a bigger world and embracing life’s challenges. We hope many more families will become part of our family with the launch of Play With Me Sesame on Disney UK. This is a rich and diverse brand that can easily be adapted into any broadcaster's schedule.”

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
UK Play With Me Sesame with Domby and Kit has been on since November the 1st. It airs at 8am and 6pm on Playhouse Disney !

It is also being advertised all over UK TV !

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
They're really terrific!

I think they could stand up against any of the other International Sesame Characters. Now I just wish they'd make a full fledged Co-Production.

What do you think?

Cherrymoon

Reaction score
Just saw the website for this at Disney Playhouse.
It this the format. Muppets singing behind flashing background.
Seems like a waste.
The muppets seem really cool. Dolby and Kit seem to work well together. but the song was kind of long. I would have liked to see them actual drawing something and then every few minutes bust out in the song.
As I write this I realise I really like those two.
And that is just after watching the clip.

BEAR

Reaction score
Though he is not part of the main 4 (Grover, Ernie, Bert and Prairie), Cookie Monster shows up once in a while to help out too. Atleast in the original US show.