1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

UK Premiere?

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Reevz1977, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if "The Muppets" will get an all-singing, all dancing Leicester Square premiere in London? If so, could you let me know the details?

thanks folks :)
  2. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Nothing yet announced that I have seen. Be great if there was. Maybe after Xmas we might get details!

Chris
  3. Reevz1977

Thanks as always Chris! If I hear anything I'll let you know :)
  4. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

And if either of you hear anything, let me know also! And I shall be sure to keep you informed otherwise. I may attempt to get up to London if there's a chance of seeing real live Muppets, even at a distance.
  5. Kermieuk

Be a great time for all us uk fans to actually meet up!

Chris
  6. Reevz1977

Ok...the Missus has spilt the beans to me. She said she'd phoned the Odeon at Leicester Square to get me Premiere tickets for Christmas. The lady on the phone said that they won't know if theres going to be one until January 8th and to phone after that - apparently all premieres are only announced one month before.

...and Chris, I'd be really up for a meet up!!
  7. Beauregard

London Muppet Meetup 2012! Yes please.
  8. Kermieuk

A meet up would be good. How far do people have to travel to London? I think it's about 167 miles for me!!
    Quite a long way if there is nothing else but the film, I mean if kermit & co are not there!!

Chris
  9. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Heads up, I'm going to two screenings but neither is the premiere : one on 15 Dec (Dont know ANY details about this yet) and one at the BFI London on 27 Jan!
  10. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

The movie ends here on January 5th after that I feel like flying to England or something to see it again
  11. Beauregard

Hmmm! Screening on the 27th Jan, eh?

Edit: Oh great...its fully booked.
  12. markit

markit Active Member

Ok folks, i'm definitely up for a London Muppet Meet up! :) Here's the info I managed to find, yes there's a screening at the BFI on the Embankment , which unfortunately, according to the link, is fully booked, but you can check back on the day for tickets - http://www.bfi.org.uk/whatson/bfi_southbank/events/previews_in_conversation/loco_preview_the_muppets

And secondly, I spoke to the manager at the EMPIRE cinema in Leicester Square, who said that they have the Premier for The Muppets because they're doing a promotional campaign leading up to the films release.

He also mentioned that due to the building work that's going on there, with most of Leicester Square closed off, the Premier might not be able to take place, but it's currently under discussion.

I'm not gonna take that as gospel, but he seemed fairly knowledgeable, and as per usual with Premiers, he said it would be invite only, but i'll certainly be keeping my ears open and doing everything I can to get a ticket.
  13. Kermieuk

Do you mean January 15th?? Or did you go to one on 15th dec??

Either way where is it??

Chris
  14. Kermieuk

Markit. As soon as you get any info on availability of premiere tickets please let us know. So desperately want to go!!

Chris
  15. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

I ment Jan 15th, but I still dont know any details. Someone emailed me and said they'd got me tickets!
  16. Beauregard

Ooooh! Mark(it!) please keep us informed of anything else you find! Even if we just meet up for the Prem, see some Muppets drive by (hopefully!) and then get Chinese, that seems like a fun meetup! And maybe we can catch the movie shortly after.
  17. Kermieuk

Sounds like a good plan, I love Chinese.......oh and muppets!!

Merry Christmas everyone

Chris
  18. Reevz1977

I like Chinese Muppets! ;)
  19. KitKatie

KitKatie New Member

Has anyone had any further info on a UK premiere happening? Want to go so bad but need to book time off work and such ha.
  20. Lora

Lora New Member

Hi guys..
    I've just spoke to someone at Disney as my son wanted to go so I needed to check there would be a disabled access pen & there saying that because of the work in leicester square there won't be a premiere... Only a very small screening!! :o(