Uk Series On Hallmark In 2003?

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
I recall reading somewhere that one of Henson's UK series is gonna premiere on the Hallmark Channel sometime next year.

Has anyone else heard this?

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
First post in two weeks...

Last year/early this year, Henson.com said Hoobs and Construction Site would be on Hallmark this past fall.

Well, if it counts for anything, The Muppet Movie, the Jack and the Beanstalk miniseries, and I believe The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth were on this week.

Luke

Reaction score
It isn't going to happen. Henson were bought out of the Hallmark deal so they no longer have to supply any shows.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Yeah, but didn't the July 2001 press release say something about the UK shows still airing the UK shows?

That brings up something else (might as well ask), how did this whole Henson/EM.TV/Crown Media/Hallmark thing work? I mean somewhere between April 1999 and July 2001 Crown Media was formed, Henson was bought and put up for sale by EM.TV, Odyssey became Hallmark Channel, EM.TV was selling their stake anyway! I mean, what the heck?

And when Henson to...whoever, will the Christmas specials, the recent TV movie, and the 4 Henson movies, and come to think of it the Jack and the Beanstalk miniseries stop airing on Hallmark? I mean, why do these things air now?

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by BoyRaisin2
Yeah, but didn't the July 2001 press release say something about the UK shows still airing the UK shows?

That brings up something else (might as well ask), how did this whole Henson/EM.TV/Crown Media/Hallmark thing work? I mean somewhere between April 1999 and July 2001 Crown Media was formed, Henson was bought and put up for sale by EM.TV, Odyssey became Hallmark Channel, EM.TV was selling their stake anyway! I mean, what the heck?
Oh no, not the Odyssey thing again:frown: The birth of Muppet online fandom seemed to coincide with decisions like the Odyssey thing, the EM.TV deal, and the exploitation of Elmo in Xmas 96...all of which didnt reflect very well ultimately on the Muppets.

Anyways, just when us fans thought that finally the decade long quagmire was almost up, here came that EM.TV deal...Im really hoping a bright new future is being forged soon.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Oh no, not the Odyssey thing again:frown: The birth of Muppet online fandom seemed to coincide with decisions like the Odyssey thing, the EM.TV deal, and the exploitation of Elmo in Xmas 96...all of which didnt reflect very well ultimately on the Muppets.

Anyways, just when us fans thought that finally the decade long quagmire was almost up, here came that EM.TV deal...Im really hoping a bright new future is being forged soon.
Yeah, but at least all the crap the MUPPET company's been through provided good material for a 20-page research paper I wrote about Henson back in late spring. Although I don't think this joint venture being made of Henson is gonna help anything though.

...yeah.