UK TV: Muppet Christmas '05

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Here's a list of what Muppet Stuff is on over christmas :

The Muppets' Wizard of Oz
Time - 14:15 to 16:00 (1 hour and 45 minutes long).
When - Sunday 18th December on five
No info on if this will be shown in widescreen.

TOTP 2
Time - 20:00 to 21:00 (1 hour long).
When - Sunday 18th December on UKTV G2
Steve Wright's back yet again as he takes a look through the TOTP archives. Including the late Robert Palmer singing 'Some Guys Have All the Luck', Louise with 'Let's Go Round Again', Fine Young Cannibals doing 'She Drives Me Crazy', Malcolm MacClaren going 'Double Dutch', the Muppets with 'Halfway Down the Stairs', Hazel Dean who's 'Searchin', 10CC on a 'Dreadlock Holiday' and Simon and Garfunkel with their classic 'Mrs Robinson'.

Best Ever Christmas Films
Time - 17:25 to 18:25 (1 hour long).
When - Saturday 24th December on ITV1
Unwrapping of cinema's yuletide treats, Phillip Schofield host a celebration of films to warm hearts on cold winter's night. An all-star-cast- including Richard Attenborough, Aled Jones, Pasty Kensit and Barry Norman - reveals behind-the-scenes stories of treasured Christmas classics, among them "It's a Wonderful Life", "The Snowman", "The Grinch", "The Muppet Christmas carol", "Elf" and "Home Alone"

The Muppets Take Manhattan (Film)
Time - 05:55 to 07:30
When - Monday 26th December on Channel Four

Muppets From Space (Film)
Time - 06:05 to 07:30
When - Tuesday 27th December on BBC1
Note - Shown in Widescreen

It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas
Time - 10:10 to 11:35
NOTE: IN WIDESCREEN

See ya

mattyboy

Reaction score
Also worth noting is Channel 4's countdown to the '100 Greatest Kids Movies' - I distinctly remember voting for 'The Muppet Movie.' Hopefully, it does well on the list.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score

sweet widescreen

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
MuppetDanny said:
Did anyone (in the UK) record it onto a DVD? my DVD recorder didn't record the film :mad:

I have lots of stuff to offer in return including DVD/Digital recording of "The Muppets' Wizard of Oz" (I think it may be in widescreen).

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
MuppetDanny said:
Did anyone (in the UK) record it onto a DVD? my DVD recorder didn't record the film :mad:

I have lots of stuff to offer in return including DVD/Digital recording of "The Muppets' Wizard of Oz" (I think it may be in widescreen).

If you want IAVMMCM in widescreen you could just buy the Columbia TriStar UK DVD? That was in widescreen right? I bought the US version but still have the UK one on my wants list just to get it in widescreen.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Just looked on the back of my IVMMCM UK DVD box and it says 1.78:1 in one box, and below it states Widescreen version??

So im not entirely sure which version it is???

Chris

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
Kermieuk said:
Just looked on the back of my IVMMCM UK DVD box and it says 1.78:1 in one box, and below it states Widescreen version??

So im not entirely sure which version it is???

Chris
1.78:1 is widescreen - it's the same ratio as the widescreen version of Kermit's Swamp Years.