1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

"Ulitsa Sezam" (Russian "S.S.") Interview

Discussion in 'Sesame Worlds' started by Buck-Beaver, Oct 28, 2002.

1. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

Hi all!

I was doing some research for work and stumbled across an interview with the American Producer of "Ulitsa Sezam" (The Russian version of "Sesame Street") on a website called "Russian Webgirls."

I can't find the 1st page online, but most of it is there and its an interesting article if you want to learn a little about the Russian Sesame Street.

Check it out here.
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Very interresting. Thanks for sharing that with us Buck-Beaver!

It's always a treat to see different Sesame Co-Productions from around the Globe! ANd now we can read about the people behind it!
  3. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Guys,

Notice how the Ulitsa Sezam street sign is black and upside down ?

Thats how it is on the show too !

It is great to watch this co production too, Something about it is really nice.

See ya
  4. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Member

Tell me, are all the international Sesame Muppets designed by different people? Because some of them deviate from the SS Muppet style...
  5. BlueFrackle

Jeff,

They are desined and buily by The Muppet Workshop.

See ya
  6. Muppetfreak

Muppetfreak Member

I worked on Ulitsa Sezam last year as well as Alam Simsim (Egypt). I have nifty products from their promotions with KFC. So if ya'll want some co-production gossip, let me know. I have several ins....

Sigh. I do miss working there....
  7. Muppetfreak

Muppetfreak Member

another note

Sorry i just noticed how you were talking about the sign being upside down. On Alam Simsim you'll notice half the graphics have the numbers (that replaced where CTW used to be) as 321 and some as 123 (in egyptian, of course). That's because we kept switching back and forth! They read left to right over there so we had it 321, but at last count we decided to keep it 123. It was nifty.
  8. Drtooth

Tell us about it, please! We'd love to heaar it! :D
  9. BlueFrackle

MuppetFreak,

Hi !

Id love to chat with you, Im a Foreign Sesame Street Freak !

:D Hehe !

I have a site that deals with all the Sesame Street co productions !

I also collect anything to do with it too !

Heres my site - Sesame World

Email me so we can chat !

See ya
  10. Muppetfreak

Muppetfreak Member

11. BlueFrackle

MuppetFreak,

Yeah i have seen that video, Im more interested in the actual Foreign Muppets tho, Not the dubbed scenes !

Drop me an email so we can chat - BlueFrackle@BlueYonder.co.uk

See ya
  12. Muppetfreak

Muppetfreak Member

i sent you an email thought the little email button on the bottom of your post. Where does that go?

I know. :-( I have no video of the acutal show. I was actually over there the other day visiting my old haunt and the American producer was telling me that never even saved her a copy of the video they gave out as a KFC promotion this year. They are not so much organized over there. :-(
  13. BlueFrackle

MuppetFreak,

That is too bad !

I got the email :D

See ya
  14. Drtooth

WO-o-o-o-o-o-o-OW!!! Maybe if they put Sesame on the time slot of the Lousy Sabrina cartoon instead, the ratings would sky rocket.

I am a big Ducktales fan, as you cxan tell. Too bad that one good show gets clobber by another!
  15. Muppetfreak

Muppetfreak Member

I feel your pain! Toon Disney used to be the best network ever and then they put all the crappy shows on. My bro put it best:

"Does Disney think these shows were canceled off regular TV because they were really good?"

Those 80's Disney cartoons give me endless joy!
  16. Drtooth

Personally, I can't freaking believe they replaced Dakwing Duck (my hero) with Subrainy the teenage wretch.

One thing I am thankful for NOT having cable!
  17. Muppetfreak

Muppetfreak Member

o boy do i ever love Darkwing. i also have an obsession with the guy who plays him, but don't get me started on that, its a whole different website...

some of the shows now are so stupid!! i mean muppet babies had the worst annimation ever but it was still a great cartoon. even if i wasn't prejudiced! which i am :)
  18. Drtooth

Yeah! Especially during the last season. They made so many animation mistakes, I can't even list them. But enough of that now. What exactly did you do on the internation SS?
  19. Muppetfreak

Muppetfreak Member

Well, butt monkey really. ;-)

No, I was the assistant to the American producer so I attented the meetings and helped with the promotions. I also made a binder of potential promotions because we were tyring to help them make products like the other co-prods. I was working for a bunch of different divisions in the workshop but Alam Simsim is what I worked with the most often.
  20. Drtooth

If you can get them on the web, somewhere, we'd all appreciated it. Thanks.

I told some people about the Ducktales thing and they laughed their heads off, just like I did! It's weird...