Ultimate TMS Character Guide Debuts

Michael

Reaction score
The following email has just been sent out:

Kermitage.com Update. 25th July 2002

Thanks again to everyone for all your patience, the collectibles guide continues to grow and grow and should be ready very soon. We have been very lucky to have recently been given the opportunity to acquire some very unusual Muppet items including one very rare prototype which I’m pretty certain will have never been seen anywhere before. I am sure you will all be very pleased with the guide and hope you will find it very useful and also entertaining. As always we’ll keep you posted on all developments.

While you wait for it to be complete I like to make sure that everyone gets extras along the way, I know how boring it can be waiting for things to happen, we’ve all experienced that before. Therefore we like to try to give you some previews of the site, other areas which we are developing. The first was the Episode Guide to the Muppet Show, the first, and only, complete Guide to the full Series anywhere and something that has proved so popular it has been amazing.

I have always wanted to compliment The Muppet Show Episode guide with something that I think every fan has always desired - a complete Guide to the characters that appeared on the show. Therefore we are very pleased to announce the first ever guide to The Muppet Show characters, we have managed along with our good friend Jogchem Jalink to compile the most comprehensive list ever created of every character ever to appear during the 5 Seasons of the show. The guide contains photographs and information on over 300 characters who appeared on the Muppet Show between 1976 and 1981. Its been a labour of love (though not nearly as much of a labour as the collectibles!) but something that we have enjoyed creating immensely.

To access the guide click here: www.kermitage.com

Within the next few weeks we will be adding further in-depth Biographies of each of the major characters. These biogs will include the following and more;

History and Biog
Photographic comparisons of the characters through the years
Style Sheets (from the actual Henson Character Style Book)
Media References
Quotes
And Much much more.

We shall also be creating similar guides for all the other Henson shows and specials.

We hope you enjoy the Character Guide and would really welcome any comments, suggestions or additions to the list.

A Big thank you to Jogchem Jalink for his tireless work and of course the Jim Henson Company and their Archives for their continued support.

Speak to you all soon,

Michael.
www.kermitage.com

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Thanks again to everyone for all your patience, the collectibles guide continues to grow and grow and should be ready very soon. We have been very lucky to have recently been given the opportunity to acquire some very unusual Muppet items including one very rare prototype which I’m pretty certain will have never been seen anywhere before. I am sure you will all be very pleased with the guide and hope you will find it very useful and also entertaining. As always we’ll keep you posted on all developments.<<<

OH MY!!! You know you have all us Muppetfans drooling right?
I can only *imagine* what you guys will have on there!
Could we see the sight launch by August?
VEry clever how in the index page statler and waldorf even parody our growing wait for your site to open! hehe

Man, finally such a huge character guide...man, to all those involved in this massive project, major congrats and thanks!!!

Luke

Reaction score
Oh wow - this is so cool, and so extensive. I have to say, i especially like all the graphics, especially the way each character is in their own little 'Muppet Show' arch thing.

Now i've actually got watch all these episodes sometime cos i've just seen a few hundred characters i'd love to see that i have never even come across.

Must have taken lots of time - yay Joggy too - *applause*

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Oh wow - this is so cool, and so extensive. I have to say, i especially like all the graphics, especially the way each character is in their own little 'Muppet Show' arch thing.

Now i've actually got watch all these episodes sometime cos i've just seen a few hundred characters i'd love to see that i have never even come across.

Must have taken lots of time - yay Joggy too - *applause*<<

so thats what our netherlander friend has been up to!
Ive been wondering where the ol jogster was!
man, luke werent ya just blown away? geez, I was just scrolling through some of the character pics and bios on there, and couldnt believe how many! even the most uber obscure ones are on there! wow...if this is the character guide, one can only imagine whats in store for the merchandise section!

*also we can clarify the gorgon heap vs. luncheon monster thing*

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah its very extensive, and this prototype for the collectables sounds mysteriously good too.

Foreignman

Reaction score
Really fantastic work, this is long overdue, and it looks like a great job has been done on it. Someone should tell Ken about it, he was asking where he could find a site like this a while back.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Michael, Mar and Joggy CONGRATULATIONS!

It is Fantastic !!!

Yayyyyyyyyyyy !

statnwaldorf

Reaction score

Joggy

Reaction score
As the creator of the Character guide I'd like to thank everyone for all the compliments - and a big hand for Mar and Mike for adding the wonderful photos and giving it a chance of being such a fine resource!!!