1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Ultra rare characters you'd love to see

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by dwmckim, Mar 14, 2011.

1. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

OH I second that comment, especially with Abby Cadabby around the cast and crew. :p
    SSLFan likes this.
  2. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

I would love to see Little Alice, Snuffy's little sister, again.

I would also like to see Ernestine, Ernie's little cousin, return again.:p
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

She completely disappeared from the show. That's... well... kinda worrisome. Considering she was a main character's relative and all. We haven't seen the rest of Snuffy's family in some time, sure... but you wonder what the heck happened to Alice after all this time.

I'd tend to think the rarer characters we'd see more of would have a higher likelihood to appear if they're Anything Muppets, though.
  4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

She went to Snuffle-versity?
    iluvfragglerock likes this.
  5. KirbTreelo05

KirbTreelo05 Active Member

I really miss Benny Rabbit. I know he was probably a bit too close to Oscar, but his snappy attitude gets me every time. xD
    beakerboy12 likes this.
  6. Drtooth

I miss any character Kevin played that WASN'T Elmo. Dude's one of the most talented puppeteers in the history of Henson. While Elmo is his signature characters, I miss a lot of the others with contrasting personalities and a variety of different voices. This guy played Splinter in the first TMNT movie for crying out loud. The range this guy has is amazing, and you just see Elmo.
  7. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

I agree with Kirb and Drtooth. The guy's got talent! Just go see Being Elmo for proof! Clifford, Benny, Elmo, Baby Natasha, Hoots! Kevin Clash is probably the most versatile performer, you know, besides Jerry Nelson!

So if some of his characters came back, it would be great! Especially Benny! Since learning about the character I've wished to see more of him. But you know without the "Around the Corner" set, he really doesn't have a place to really have him.

Now, Hoots, he's not too rare, but I would like to see more of him. His jazziness, similar to Clifford and Electric Mayhemers, is a really good character quality that I'd like to see more on the street.

Aside from Kevin Clash's characters, I'd like to see Lefty the Salesman come back. Though, he might not be the best character for today's audiences. And I'd also like to see the Yip-Yip Martians and the Twiddlebugs to come back. And when I say the Twiddlebugs, I mean in puppet form. The CGI Twiddlebugs just isn't my favorite. Plus they made, like, only one of those sketches.
    DramaQueenMokey likes this.
  8. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

Baby Natasha isn't that RARE on the show, if I can recall. :(

I would love for Sherlock Hemlock to make a reappearance after his cameo appearance in the 40th anniversary season. :search:
  9. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

No. I was just listing Kevin's characters to show how versatile he is. Baby Natasha is on a handful of sketches!

Also, Sherlock Hemlock on Sesame Street now would be amazing!
  10. Drtooth

Like I said. They have those Robert Downey Jr. Sherlock Holmes movies and all this renewed interest in the character... now's the perfect time for the character to come back... direct parody or reference to the movies or not.
  11. KirbTreelo05

KirbTreelo05 Active Member

LEFTY! I can't believe I forgot about him! I loved his sketches, but you're right about him probably not being the best character to make a comeback. ^^;

I second this! :excited:
  12. Drtooth

You don't see her as much as you used to, though. I'm disappointed they completely abandoned the Baby Talk sketch after 2 segments. That would have been a great recurring feature on the show.

I wish they'd do more Hidden Gems stuff, and just shove older AM characters in the background, even if they don't have a line. Though I will say, Joey did a GREAT job with Harvey Kneeslapper. He should stop by again, even briefly.
  13. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Hmm, I always loved Harvey Kneeslapper, I'd like to see more of Frazzle, Barkley, Benny was a GREAT Kevin Clash character, I loved when he used to make his two front teeth squeak when he was agitated lol
    My sister and I always got a kick out of Oscar's dog Preposterous Puppy, speaking of Oscar, I'd love to see Grungetta and his niece Irvine come back.
    And out of more recent years, I also loved the little black and white cat Little Murray Sparkles. OH! and Biff and Sully going back to classic characters.
  14. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

Yeah, what ever happen to Grungetta ? I mean she does appear from time to time, but not as frequently as she did in the 90s. :grouchy:

Also I would love to see Abby's reaction to Barkley, even if she could try to take care of him for a while, the laughs that would make. :p
  15. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

How about Simon Soundman? Has he been around?
    Another character I thought of was Don Music. But I remembered they took him off was because he was always banging his head on the piano. Too many kids were doing that.:ouch:
  16. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Should we add Prairie Dawn to this list as well? I haven't been watching the show much but I'm pretty sure that she hasn't been seen in any new material since like, Season 39. What Joey can't write for her now, too?:rolleyes:
  17. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Prairie's one of my favorite characters. I really don't like the fact they don't use her; she and Cookie Monster make one heck of a team. It seems odd to me that they'd use her sporadically until the 90's, then less often in the early 00's, but when she and Cookie started doing the letter of the day, she appeared more often than ever. Then, in season 39, she appeared less often than ever.
  18. DramaQueenMokey

DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

Speaking of Prairie, whatever happened to Betty Lou? She was just so sweet and I loved the ice skating segment with her and Bert it was just so adorable <3 (that's an older segment)
  19. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

I would really love to see Prairie's reaction to meeting Abby Cadabby. :insatiable:
  20. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

She was all over the Sesame I grew up with in the mid 80s too. She was in a lot of the street storylines over the years.

I also vote for a big return for Prairie Dawn! Fran Brill is just too amazing a Muppeteer to only be doing Zoe as a main character. Prairie Dawn is also another character from my Sesame Street childhood, all the pageants, the demonstrations with Cookie Monster and Grover, etc. She's awesome!