Um, FanFic Help Please?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals... So you know I got a quaint Muppet Family story set in Christmas time here on the board.
Been stuck as to how to stretch the story forward... Well, I got the idea for the next chapter.
Unfortunately, I'm in need of help from you the readers. What I need is a transcript, if possible, of the story A Visit From St. Alphabet.
Not sure if anyone else other than myself has a copy and can help... It's the classic tale of The Night Before Christmas, but it's changed around featuring all sorts of alphabetical letter and punctuation-based references.

Yes, I know that the story I'm writing has already progressed up to Christmas Day's night... But I need something to keep the story going until I reach it's ending.
Hope to hear from someone soon... Sara? Lisa? Beth? Anyone?
Thanks, have a good day.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I've never even heard of this sketch. It sounds interesting though! Shucks, and I was all prepared to help, too!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ditto to what Kate said. I would love to help, if only I knew where to find it! Good luck Ed!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK. Lemme explain a little.

This isn't a sketch from any show, Muppet or otherwise. When I was much younger, and still had good sight... The first trip my family ever took was my godfather and his eldest son, and my dad and I to NYC for the Columbus Day Weekend.
Still have many memories of the trip... Including what is now a lucky or sentimental charm to me.

Tried to go to the NYC Library, but it was closed. So we went to a book fair, and cause I was much more into Sesame back then I spotted the book and bought it.

A Visit From St. Alphabet is a book published by Coffee Press. It has text on one side and illustrations on the other.
For example:
The Z's were all nestled, snug in their beds.
While visions of W's danced through their heads.
U in your kerchief, and I in my cap.
Had just settled down for a long Winter's nap.
The illustrations showed a kid in a Z-bed, with W's above it's head in a sort of dream bubble... And the lead characters asleep in their own beds, with a U and an I on the bed where they each slept.

No worries about this though... Just panning for help in stretching the story. If you have any ideas/suggestions, feel free to comment. Will take it under consideration, as the story's stalled for the moment and naggers will abound as soon as She Who Must Not Be Named has returned to devour the fanfics.
Hope this helps, and hope to hear from you my forum friends soon.

Java

Reaction score
This is the first I've ever heard of it. In my internet search all I could come up with was links to Amazon to purchase it and the opening line:

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]‘Twas the night before X, when all through the Y, Not a letter was stirring, not even an I, The S’s were hung by the T’s with care, In hopes that St. Alphabet soon would be there.”

I wish I could be of more help . . .
[/FONT]

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... At least you found more than I did.

And that's more like the first verse, coupled with what I posted above as the second.

OK, so forget about including this in my Muppet Family Gathering...
Now then, what to do for the next chapter.
Hmmm, not sure, LMK if you have any suggestions, will take them under consideration.

Java

Reaction score
All I can think of is viewing home movies and talking about old Christmas memories as we have seen from the Muppets before.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys... Wanted to ask...
If you happen to spot Leyla, Lisa, Sara, or even Catherine... Or if any of you gals is reading...
Please drop me a PM or E-mail, need help from the experts regarding a few wardrobe questions I happen to have. Hope to hear from someone soon, as it's part of the big chunk for my story's chapter.
One of the chapter's chunks at any rate.