Uncle Croc's Block theme song

Xerus

Reaction score
Hey, check this out. It's the theme song to one of my favorite kid shows of the 70's. Uncle Croc's Block. It's a spoof of TV kids' shows starring Charles Nelson Reilly, Jonathan Harris, and Alfie Wise. The cartoons MUSH, Fraidy Cat, and Wacky & Packy made their start on this show and later appeared on the Groovie Goolies and Friends show. Seeing this opening sure brings back memories of my childhood. :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsfQIst5S9s

Drtooth

Reaction score
Looks like the live action bit was the best part of the show. They really got the idea of those old school TV shows of the 50's, before TV animation was widespread, and satired them completely. And years before PeeWee Herman too.

I actually did buy a dollar DVD of Wacky and Packy, and I was pretty unimpressed. I guess seeing one episode a day is better than seeing them all together, but it was repetitive and not in a good way (cartoons are mostly repetitive anyway). Plus, I really wish they didin't base the Caveman's voice after Jackie Gleason. We already have a caveman based off of him.

I saw a Fraidy Cat, and I thought that one was a little better. But I'm dying to see a MUSH.

Xerus

Reaction score
Here are the words to Uncle Croc's theme song.

Welcome to Uncle Croc's Block,
the greatest show there is, or my name's not Croc!
Nutty people-man,we got'em!
Wait'll you meet old Bottle-Bottom!

(CROC, IT'S BASIL BITTERBOTTOM,YOU CANTANKEROUS CROCODILE!)

I'll Croc it to you, I'll baffle your beanie
with Captain Marbles and Judy the Genie,
the $6.95 Man,too..
and Bogey Bear, that old Croc-eroo..

When the nuts from M*U*S*H drop by,
everything's bow-wowie!
Miss Invis dissappears,
and Billy Bratson yells "SHAZOWIE!"

Fraidy Cat, is scared to death,
he's lived eight lives, and only has one left!
But Wacky and Packy don't mind
For Cuckoo Kneivel keeps crazy time!

Listen to your Uncle Croc-
I'm the only alligator who can talk!
So all you Croc-eroonies (HOHOH!)
Welcome to Uncle Croc's Block!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Thanks for the words to the theme. Pretty funny song there!:big_grin:

Xerus

Reaction score
Thanks for the words to the theme. Pretty funny song there!:big_grin:
Your welcome. :smile: The three regular characters on the show were Uncle Croc, his sidekick Rabbit Ears, and the angry director Basil Bitterbottom.

Other characters who payed Uncle Croc a visit regularly were Judy the Genie and Miss Invis. And there were spoofs of popular TV characters like Captain Klangeroo, Bogey Bear and Mr. Mean Jeans. Steve Exhaustion known as the $6.95 Man. And Billy Bratson and his superhero altered ego, Captain Marbles. And Cuckoo Kneivel who shoots out of his cuckoo clock at unexpected times on a motorcycle and causes havoc.

Xerus

Reaction score
Another Uncle Croc's Block clip was just posted on youtube. This clip features the crazy Cuckoo Kneivel and Steve Exhaustion otherwise known as the $6.95 man, played by Robert Ridgely. It sure brings back great memories of my youth. :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srLvZSyKvF0