Uncle Grandpa

Drtooth

Reaction score
I actually haven't managed to find a favorite character. They're just so... well... offbeat isn't even the word. But they're just so... so I can't make up my mind who I like better.

If you didn't get the FCBD Kaboom, track it down. The Pizza Steve 2 pager was one of the funniest bits in there.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I'm more partial to Mr. Gus myself. Kevin Michael Richardson's characters always make me laugh.

The ones that are intentionally funny, that is, though anytime I hear him as Shredder, I still can't help but imagine him as Principal Lewis from American Dad. :big_grin:

mr3urious

Reaction score
Anyone else think it was a little out of character for Mr. Gus to be so enthusiastic about playing hide and seek? I mean, he's the wet blanket of the UG crew.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I find him to be the wet blanket of the reasonable kind. Hide and Seek doesn't seem to be something that would bother him that much. As long as it isn't one of Pizza Steve's schemes or something.

Then again, he did watch a...ehem... nature documentary that one time. So he's not that above it all.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to what the comic book adaption has to offer. There was a short 2 page story in Steven Universe 1, and a couple weird games in SU 2. if there's one thing I want to see, it's how they handled the surreal moments of photo medium blending, especially Giant Realistic Flying Tiger. The Gumball adaption seems to deal with medium blending via digital art, but only Banana Joe really looks any different from the rest of the illustrated world.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I really liked how Uncle Grandpa now has a rival in the form of Aunt Grandma, a girl all grown up who was not satisfied with UG's attempt to show her a good time and instead tries to one-up him in the form of actually helping out kids via real-world logic.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I like how it gives the show an established antagonist. Especially since it sets up Aunt Grandma returning someday. And it also was for the full 10 minutes without even the white background blackout gags/transitions. On another note, it's great to see Uncle Grandpa getting even with a brat that took advantage of him in the second cartoon. Even seemed to take a shot at those scared straight Heck houses at the end as well. And I needn't ask if anyone got the nursery in the Uncle Grandpa Babies skit had the same wallpaper as the one from a certain other show.

I'm actually disappointed they can't keep half the show when Regular Show returns next week. I really think that they should either have different line ups every weeknight or just show 11 minutes of each show. Sonic Boom is supposedly following that time frame as well, so I hope it has a nice spot along the CN originals. I don't see why if Clarence and Steven Universe can share a half hour that they have to be the only ones.

Yorick

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there will be a 3rd season of Uncle Grandpa? I hope so. It's a lot of silly fun!

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Christmas Special was good, but I kinda wish the bit where UG has to fill in for Santa was a bit longer, and it had more tension with the two brothers. I've been checking out the comic book as well. I quite enjoy the multiple art styles and story telling used, and the inconsistency of GRFT being actually drawn or using stock photos depending on the artist. It gives a nice, unbalanced feel that works with the subject matter.

There are 3 issues, but I've only caught the first two. I kinda wish they had some Xarna and Beary Nice and Hot Dog Person comics in there. Xarna did get a poster, but the kind that's just a full page that you'd have to...ulp...pull out of the comic.

mr3urious

Reaction score
That SpongeBob reference with a non-copyright-infringing green cyclops Squidward in the latest episode was brilliant. But it's not surprising as one of the writers, Casey Alexander, also writes for that show, though he contributed to some of the most disliked episodes by fans. I'd say he's better off writing for this show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm glad we've got another episode of Uncle Grandpa being a magnificent btrd instead of him screwing things up. I liked the Christmas episode and all, but I just don't see UG as someone that clumsy and accident prone so much as a very goofy doofus exterior hiding a surprisingly savvy mind when it comes to helping kids.

Also, I like how of all the characters on the show, Pizza Steve is the one that's actually deep. They sure hinted at his insecurity before, but between the Christmas Episode (essentially revealing he's putting on a front because UG really likes him and buys his cool guy persona) and the diary episode, they gave him a nice, bleak angle.