Uncle Interloper Space Explorer

Terrence Burke

Reaction score
FUN-TASTIC! Your show is great and enjoy the "winks" to classic Sci-Fi. What equipment & software do you use?

ToasterBoy

Reaction score
FUN-TASTIC! Your show is great and enjoy the "winks" to classic Sci-Fi. What equipment & software do you use?
Thanks. I use Final Cut Pro X to edit (although the holiday one was done on FInal Cut Express because pro doesn't run on my laptop). I have a Canon HF20 camera - http://www.amazon.com/Canon-VIXIA-Memory-Internal-Optical/dp/B001OI2YTC - that I shoot everything on. The rest is just cardboard with some green-screening thrown in here and there. :smile:

Thanks again!

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
What program do you use for green screen? I've been trying to go down that route with my puppet series for a while now. :smile:

ToasterBoy

Reaction score
What program do you use for green screen? I've been trying to go down that route with my puppet series for a while now. :smile:
The Keyer in FInal Cut Pro X is really great. 99.9% of the time, no adjustment is needed after applying the filter.

I will say, however, I just shot some promos for Leslie Carrara-Rudolph's Lolly character on green screen and I'm having a little trouble because of a light blue on one of the puppets. But for the most part, the Keyer filter is amazing. You can look up tutorials on YouTube to see how well it works.

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
ToasterBoy, I have just become a big fan of Uncle Interloper! :big_grin: That flashlight bit in the second episode had me cracking up! He's a cutie, too, though I definitely don't want to offend a great space explorer by saying that too loudly :wink:

Keep it up!! :excited:

ToasterBoy

Reaction score
ToasterBoy, I have just become a big fan of Uncle Interloper! :big_grin: That flashlight bit in the second episode had me cracking up! He's a cutie, too, though I definitely don't want to offend a great space explorer by saying that too loudly :wink:

Keep it up!! :excited:
Thanks so much. The original script, yes they are scripted, had it as a planet of giant noses and he'd pull out pepper, but eyes were MUCH easier to make on the cheap.

I'm working on more adventures with him, so stay tuned. :smile:

And U.I. would be flattered, not offended!

ToasterBoy

Reaction score
New episode today. This 'segment' is called Cartoon Doghouse. Watch along as Uncle Interloper checks out his new digs.