Under the Umbrella Tree

MokeynSprocket

Reaction score
Does anyone remember how wonderful of a show Under the Umbrella Tree was? Remember, the show was centered around three main puppets: Iggy the Iguana, Jacob the Bluejay, Gloria the Gopher. They lived as roommates with a woman named Holly. Every episode tended to have moral values involved. One episode in particular called "privacy," dealt with Jacob listening to everyone's phone calls, going into bathrooms without knocking, and opening others mail. In the end, he learned how wrong he was. This show was incredibly good. It is actually one my favorite muppet shows ever. Anyway, if you missed out on this show, then you missed out on one of the best puppet shows ever. Under the Umbrella Tree was not well known because it only came on the Disney channel at the time when you actually had to pay monthly premiums for Disney. I watched most of my episodes in the early 90's. This show came on like twice a day, often at hard to catch times. Anyway, I am so grateful to have been able to appreciate the fun of Under the Umbrella Tree. Seriously, this is a must see puppet show. The episodes are soooooooooooooooooooo good. The puppets say hilarious things, and the show is very educational. If you ever have the opportunity to purchase Under the Umbrella Tree, I highly recommend in doing so. I currently own about 25 episodes. They are greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat! If anyone else remembers how great this show was, please let me know!

Bye bye!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I remember this show, and every time Disney Channel would put on the free preview, I would wake up real early to not miss anything.

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
I very vaguely remember this show from the free previews. Either I only watched a few episodes or my memory is shot. :sleep:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I don't know; I guess my family was just paying extra and I didn't know it, because I saw just about every episode shown. I loved it, and would love to buy the DVDs if I could find them offline!
I don't understand what you said about it being on at dificult times, that is, unless you didn't watch Fraggle Rock on Disney. I don't know if they were on in the same schedule, but they were in the same timeslot.

MokeynSprocket

Reaction score
Well, the only reason why I said it came on at difficult times was because I rememeber it strictly coming on twice a day. As a child, I remember watching it every morning at 7:30am, and 8:00am. Because my elementary school started classes at 8:30, I could never finish watching the entire 8:00am episode. Oh, by the way, you can purchase the episodes at the website listed in the second post of this thread. Janice and Mokey's Man posted the website, so just scroll up and click. I already own all 4 dvds. The show is still fun to watch. I just received all four volumes on Monday, and have already watched practically every episode thus far. I LOVE UNDER THE UMBRELLA TREE!

Marjanah

Reaction score
I remember Under the Umbrella Tree as well. The minute I saw this thread, the theme song started in my head. I had no idea it was on the Disney channel though. I'm from Canada and three times a week, in the morning, Under the Umbrella Tree was on CBC. It was a great show. They seemed to cram a fair bit of plot into 15 minutes, but I haven't seen the show in years so I could be wrong on that one. My sense of time was different then.

MokeynSprocket

Reaction score
Marjanah! You are absolutely correct. The plots were jammed into 15 minute episodes. However, the storylines were great. I own four volumes currently. Reliving this show has been wonderful.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Wow, were they really only 15 minutes? lol
Oh yeah, I know what you mean by dificult! I had the same problem!
Offtopic, but speaking of when shows were on, does anyone know if it is possible to get old archived TV schedules anywhere? Strange, I know,
:crazy: but I've just been curious about that for a while. Thanks.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Marjanah said:
I remember Under the Umbrella Tree as well. The minute I saw this thread, the theme song started in my head. I had no idea it was on the Disney channel though. I'm from Canada and three times a week, in the morning, Under the Umbrella Tree was on CBC. It was a great show. They seemed to cram a fair bit of plot into 15 minutes, but I haven't seen the show in years so I could be wrong on that one. My sense of time was different then.
Yes! I remember it from the CBC too. I watched this, Mr. Dressup, Fred Penner's Place, and lots of other ridiculous shows, like Bookmice and Today's Special (but the last two weren't on the CBC, I don't think).