Under the Umbrella Tree

Teheheman

Reaction score
God, I haven't seen that show in FOREVER!!!!!! I'm really old apparantly, and I am a kid of the 80's. That's what makes me feel old. All this stuff from the 80's being popular again, and I go 'I remember that when it was new'

Daniel

MokeynSprocket

Reaction score
No title.. I'll just leave it blank ok!

On Noreen's site, she will only give you a link that will lead to the cinerario website listed above. As for my knowledge, the only places to purchase Under the Umbrella Tree are at the cinerario website, and another website called like Phoenix Learning or something. Cinerario is the cheapest place to purchase this show so far. It makes no sense to me that the Cinerario sells each volume of like four episodes for $15. That is a lot considering that each episode is only 15 minutes. HOWEVER.. PHOENIX LEARNING is selling the SAME Dvd's for a humungous $65. That is ridiculously, ludicrously, exploitatively, insanely, uneconomically, and the most unfair price ever. It makes no sense for the same DVD to be sold for 4 times the actual price considering they also purchased the DVD's from Cinerario. It is a cruel world!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
65 dollars, each?! Wow, thanks. I guess I know where I'm getting it from then! Yeah, that's basically why I asked, because I saw that they were just a bit high in price.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Why don't they just make a box set of every episode they have with extra stuff. I mean, that's what they're doing with every other show anyways right?

Daniel

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
I have some of those episodes recorded! I used to love them!!

Jackie

Reaction score
I sing a song from Under The Umbrella Tree ALL THE TIME!!

Green means go!
Yellow means wait!
Red means stop......before its too late!!!

Marky

Reaction score
Teheheman said:
Why don't they just make a box set of every episode they have with extra stuff. I mean, that's what they're doing with every other show anyways right?

Daniel
Because the rights are now owned by one woman who doesn't exactly have access to that kind of mass production. You know what kind of $ you need to front that kind of output? Besides, she's just finished moving into her new house.

MokeynSprocket

Reaction score
Marky said:
Because the rights are now owned by one woman who doesn't exactly have access to that kind of mass production. You know what kind of $ you need to front that kind of output? Besides, she's just finished moving into her new house.
All understandable, but I have one question for you? Even though she may not be able to afford to create a season set, why must she or whoever is in charge of determining prices sell 4 fifteen minute episodes for $15. This is a complete ripoff. If there are over 200 episodes of this show, it is unfair to charge so much for so few episodes. 10 episodes for each volume would be reasonable, but 4 is simply ripping off true fans. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has a volume two out that sells for $10, and has ten episodes. This is reasonable, and worth the purchase. I love Under the Umbrella Tree, so I purchased all four volumes thus far. However, if prices do not reduce or increase the number of episodes, then I will just find other ways to enjoy my favorite shows. Then, companies rage about the profit that bootleggers are making, and complain about how much money is loss because of downloaders. Well, it makes perfect since! If companies try to rip off consumers, consumers will adapt, and find ways to rip off companies. Fair is fair!

Marky

Reaction score
MokeynSprocket said:
All understandable, but I have one question for you? Even though she may not be able to afford to create a season set, why must she or whoever is in charge of determining prices sell 4 fifteen minute episodes for $15. This is a complete ripoff. If there are over 200 episodes of this show, it is unfair to charge so much for so few episodes. 10 episodes for each volume would be reasonable, but 4 is simply ripping off true fans. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has a volume two out that sells for $10, and has ten episodes. This is reasonable, and worth the purchase. I love Under the Umbrella Tree, so I purchased all four volumes thus far. However, if prices do not reduce or increase the number of episodes, then I will just find other ways to enjoy my favorite shows. Then, companies rage about the profit that bootleggers are making, and complain about how much money is loss because of downloaders. Well, it makes perfect since! If companies try to rip off consumers, consumers will adapt, and find ways to rip off companies. Fair is fair!
The more DVD you manufacture, the less each one costs. You have to understand that UTUT doesn't have the huge fan base that TMNT, or any large American toy company tie-in would have.

Maybe you can get a better deal ordering them right from Noreen! She'd appreciate the business for sure! go to www.noreenyoungproductions.com. Remember, the prices are in Canadian dollars - so you get roughly 10% off w/ the exchange (our dollar is about 90 cents US).

Tell her Jamie sent you!