Underwater Muppets

Kermie19

Reaction score
I've always wondered how the puppeteers worked the puppets in water. For example, when Kermit is swimming in the Frog Prince or during "Never Before, Never Again" in the Muppet Movie. You can tell they are done by hand and not marionette. I just wondered how.

Thanks,
Bryce

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hey

In The Muppet Movie Kermit was done by Jim being under the water.

But in The Frog Prince Kermit was performed in the pond like this. There is a glove coming up from the bottom of the pond. Jim would put his hand into this and then put the puppet on it in the water.

See ya

Kermie19

Reaction score
Thanks Warrick. I've been wondering how they did that for a long time.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wonder how they did they underwater sequence in Great Muppet caper. You know, the Miss Piggy song? I know that when she dives off at the end, it's someone in a Miss Piggy Suit.

radionate

Reaction score
I believe that Frank would take in oxygen from a tank, they'd pull it away, and he would film the scene, all while having his feet tied to cement blocks!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
I believe that Frank would take in oxygen from a tank, they'd pull it away, and he would film the scene, all while having his feet tied to cement blocks!
Well, that's what happens when you don't pay your bookie!

Kermie19

Reaction score
Wow! I always just thought they were done with camera tricks or something. I had no idea that they actually put the puppeteers underwater.

The Miss Piggy scene was another one I was wondering about too.