1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Underwater Muppets

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Kermie19, Jun 18, 2002.

1. Kermie19

Kermie19 New Member

I've always wondered how the puppeteers worked the puppets in water. For example, when Kermit is swimming in the Frog Prince or during "Never Before, Never Again" in the Muppet Movie. You can tell they are done by hand and not marionette. I just wondered how.

Thanks,
    Bryce
  2. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Hey

In The Muppet Movie Kermit was done by Jim being under the water.

But in The Frog Prince Kermit was performed in the pond like this. There is a glove coming up from the bottom of the pond. Jim would put his hand into this and then put the puppet on it in the water.

See ya
  3. Kermie19

Kermie19 New Member

Thanks BlueFrackle. I've been wondering how they did that for a long time.
  4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I wonder how they did they underwater sequence in Great Muppet caper. You know, the Miss Piggy song? I know that when she dives off at the end, it's someone in a Miss Piggy Suit.
  5. radionate

radionate New Member

I believe that Frank would take in oxygen from a tank, they'd pull it away, and he would film the scene, all while having his feet tied to cement blocks!
  6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Well, that's what happens when you don't pay your bookie!
  7. Kermie19

Kermie19 New Member

Wow! I always just thought they were done with camera tricks or something. I had no idea that they actually put the puppeteers underwater.

The Miss Piggy scene was another one I was wondering about too.