1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Unico voice by Karen Prell

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by MrsWembly, Oct 10, 2006.

1. MrsWembly

MrsWembly New Member

Forgive me if this has already been discussed.....but does anyone remember the cartoon Unico? I used to watch it all the time and I never knew Karen Prell did the voice for the English version.
  2. BradFraggle

BradFraggle Member

You might want to read this statement from Karen Prell on her official site:
    http://web.mac.com/karenprell/iWeb/www.karenprell.com/Corrections.html

It says "Um, yeah, all those Anime voice credits on my IMDB page? Nope, not me. I did NOT perform voices on Unico or any of the productions below that are listed on my IMDB page. I have no idea what any these are or how they got on IMDB. I’m curious to check these out sometime, especially Unico. I’ll be trying to correct this with IMDB." So there you go Karen didn't do the voice on Unico (or Vampaia hanta D, or Avventura di Pinocchio, or any of the Anime that IMDB has her credited for).
  3. MrsWembly

MrsWembly New Member

OH! Thanks Brad for the correction. I didn't think it sounded like her.
    I'm going to go post that on IMDB.
  4. Giar Fraggle

Giar Fraggle Member

I'm gonna go do some fact-tracking. Why? Because I can.

A presumably reliable anime encyclopedia also lists Karen as Unico's voice. However, I definitely trust Karen herself on this matter ("So Karen says, so it must be"--gotta love that mantra! :excited: ) and I'm going to write a not-so-angry letter requesting that they remove the listing.

However, the woman who voiced Red in the Fraggle Rock cartoon happens to have quite a hefty list of anime credits. It's perfectly possible that everyone's been getting her and Karen mixed up.
  5. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Really? Yeah, I could see how that could happen. Even though I have never watched much anime, I am still curious. What is the woman's name who voiced Red in the cartoon?
  6. Giar Fraggle

Giar Fraggle Member

That would be Barbara Goodson.
  7. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

Has anyone removed these credits from IMDB? I dont really know how it works is it like Wikipedia??
  8. travellingpat

Has anyone removed these credits from IMDB? I dont really know how it works is it like Wikipedia??
  9. Punch'n'Judy

Punch'n'Judy New Member

They do the editing, you tell them what's wrong.
  10. travellingpat

Ohh has anyone informed them? I dont have an account there, idk if you need one or not
  11. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Hey, I've never seen the cartoon, but I didn't realise that it wasn't the right voices! I always thought they just called in the voices for that show and skipped on the puppetry...man, remind me not to watch it.