Unico voice by Karen Prell

MrsWembly

Reaction score
Forgive me if this has already been discussed.....but does anyone remember the cartoon Unico? I used to watch it all the time and I never knew Karen Prell did the voice for the English version.

BradFraggle

Reaction score
You might want to read this statement from Karen Prell on her official site:
http://web.mac.com/karenprell/iWeb/www.karenprell.com/Corrections.html

It says "Um, yeah, all those Anime voice credits on my IMDB page? Nope, not me. I did NOT perform voices on Unico or any of the productions below that are listed on my IMDB page. I have no idea what any these are or how they got on IMDB. I’m curious to check these out sometime, especially Unico. I’ll be trying to correct this with IMDB." So there you go Karen didn't do the voice on Unico (or Vampaia hanta D, or Avventura di Pinocchio, or any of the Anime that IMDB has her credited for).

MrsWembly

Reaction score
OH! Thanks Brad for the correction. I didn't think it sounded like her.
I'm going to go post that on IMDB.

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
I'm gonna go do some fact-tracking. Why? Because I can.

A presumably reliable anime encyclopedia also lists Karen as Unico's voice. However, I definitely trust Karen herself on this matter ("So Karen says, so it must be"--gotta love that mantra! :excited: ) and I'm going to write a not-so-angry letter requesting that they remove the listing.

However, the woman who voiced Red in the Fraggle Rock cartoon happens to have quite a hefty list of anime credits. It's perfectly possible that everyone's been getting her and Karen mixed up.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Really? Yeah, I could see how that could happen. Even though I have never watched much anime, I am still curious. What is the woman's name who voiced Red in the cartoon?

travellingpat

Reaction score
Has anyone removed these credits from IMDB? I dont really know how it works is it like Wikipedia??

travellingpat

Reaction score
Has anyone removed these credits from IMDB? I dont really know how it works is it like Wikipedia??

travellingpat

Reaction score
Ohh has anyone informed them? I dont have an account there, idk if you need one or not