Unknown Sesame Street Character Hand-Puppets

Koen

Reaction score
Does anyone know who these characters are?
I have bought these with some Vicma Sesame Street Hand Puppets but don't know them.

thx

GroverBoy

Reaction score
Does anyone know who these characters are?
I have bought these with some Vicma Sesame Street Hand Puppets but don't know them.
Hi Koen -

The Vicmas are a personal favorite and I'm fascinated with your two puppets! Alas i have no idea what characters they are. That Blue aardvark? Some people have called it a mouse - has shown up in a couple SESAME collections and so far I don't think anyone has been able to ID him - the other guy with the mustache - no idea either.

I am glad to hear you got them with a batch of Vicmas. Do they have Vicma tags or neck markings? They clearly look like Vicma product: the man has "Ernie" "Guy Smiley" "Professor Hastings" style hands. Actually, by color and the sort of big size - perhaps they are Toccata hands which are bigger than the other guys though nearly identical in shape.

And the blue thing has hands like Trudy/Betty Lou. Unless someone offers an id on these two guys - my guess is that Vicma used the molds and basically just made new non-SESAME puppets in the style of the muppets. If these two characters were popular enough to get merchandise no nicely - I think we'd all know who they were.

Best, Groverboy