1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Unofficial Script Review of the New Muppet Movie

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by wherestheanykey, Mar 18, 2009.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

True. But I have to say, of over 50 years of Muppet productions;
    Muppets Take Manhattan and the Muppet Movie remain my absolute favorite Muppet films. While Muppet Family Christmas and Muppets At Walt Disney World remain my two favorite specials. I guess there is a benchmark for me. Though then again, the MuppetTelevision portion of The Jim Henson Hour remains my favorite Muppet show to date:)
  2. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I understand that you're happy with this one, Becky, but I'm just stating what I perceive to be fact. :coy:
  3. Luke

Luke Active Member

Hello all! Remember me? LOL. I read the AICN thing. Does anyone remember a spec script from Frank Oz (i think it was him, or maybe Juhl) where the Muppets are on the skids, all out doing different things(which you see in little clips), and Kermit has to get them all back together for a show - well what this person has wrote is basically that same plotline and just updated it a bit by putting in a few current references. I suppose its possible this is genuine and maybe Seagal was possibly hired to write a movie around the old treatment or was shown the treatment before he wrote his and was influenced by it, but bottom line - this script is just that one in a different guise. I find that a bit wierd - but then again, i suppose it is kinda an obvious plot for a classic style Muppet Movie so possibly its not suprising the same scenarios would be used.

That said, some nice ideas in the script review. Especially Animal in Rehab, Gonzo & Batman, the Bat signal call for the Muppets, The Mayhem band, the thing about Kermit fitting through the O. I love all that - and i can't for a second ever see them letting Pepe be a background character .. aint ever gonna happen - the Diz people would just ask for him to be bumped up in a re-write. They wouldn't have featured him so heavily in the Xmas special to then bump him back.
  4. SurfPark

SurfPark New Member

I wrote a short article about this on my site. I feel that it can go either way. The rumor about the script sounds promising, but I don't know. A lot of the magic of the Muppets is in the comedic performance. The best script can bomb if the actors are not on their A-game.
  5. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Where have you been hideing at Luke?
  6. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I'm not disagreeing, it's just if worst comes to worst I wouldn't be that disappointed:)
  7. Davina

Davina Member

heck, i'm just happy there is any talk at all about a movie.. accurate leakage or not.. :)
    there have been years when we didn't even have that much to hope for.... heh
  8. Luke

Luke Active Member

Hey Dwayne, Good to see you. Just lots of work and life stuff, i do visit when i can .... but this movie sounds interesting. It is just good to hear about the Muppets doing anything .. but i wasn't too disapointed by the Xmas thing, and the web site is fab so it seems to be coming together. I think coming back to the "classic" TMS style of the Muppets is great, as i don't think the completely kiddyfying them idea of Studio DC worked at all. The web site and the Xmas special set the right tone, IMO.

Hope everyone is ok! ;)
  9. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I agree. I like Pepe, but he's not the one that needs a comeback. ;)
  10. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

*laughing* He has a natural propensity to come back...usually when he's least needed. *kidding* I really am looking forward to a possible return of Rowlf, but I must admit that I've become so used to the EM being background characters that I'd find it weird if they started hanging with the main Muppet crowd. *ducks as tomatoes, and boots filled with custard are thrown towards me general location*
  11. Rax

Rax New Member

No, it isn't. No way he'll do that.
    Of course it's not Goelz. The guy isn't stupid!

The review sounds promising. And it looks like we'll have two Henson movies in 2010. This one, and the one about Fraggle Rock. :excited:

Gr, Rax
  12. RedIsTheBest

RedIsTheBest New Member

Actually the Fraggle movie is not coming out until 2011 now...
  13. doc hopper

doc hopper Member

What's everyone so excited about? Saving the theater? AGAIN? oh, this time it's from a Texas oil tycoon... seriously? Calling celebrities for cameos? You mean like how Kermit did in the Very Merry Xmas Movie? And speaking of cameos... Rachel Ray? How obvious to team the Swedish Chef up with Rachel Ray. Rachel Ray? And everyone sings Mahna Mahna at the end? WHAT? What's so "spectacular" about all that?

Oh - but thumbs up on Charles Grodin.
  14. Rax

Rax New Member

Just as obvious as Doc Hopper hating the idea of this new Muppet movie, right? :p

Just kidding. I don't think anyone thinks ending with Mahna Mahna is spectacular on paper. But that doesn't mean it can't turn out to be spectacular if done the right way.

Gr, Rax
  15. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Yeah. It doesn't sound like a great finale on paper. However, it's quite easy to imagine the song getting zanier and zanier with each verse. Done right, the finale would ROCK.
  16. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Some things look awful on paper but when you see them in a movie they blow you away :D. It's all in how you use it...
  17. Krazedmuppet

Krazedmuppet Active Member

I never thought it was him- the person commenting right before me said something like "Gonzo or Dave Golez liked the script" and I was just saying that there is no proof of that and should never jump to conclusions like that. This guy may be making the whole thing up. Who would leak that much info when the movie is so new? sounds like someone need to be fired or is not a good friend

IF its true thast is
  18. Krazedmuppet

Krazedmuppet Active Member

*throws mustard filled boots* sorry they ran out. ;) they didnt have any C's only M's
  19. Rax

Rax New Member

I know, I know. Don't get me wrong, I was just underlining what you're saying. ;)

Gr, Rax
  20. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

You know? I agree. I think it's time the have a new story to tell.