Unpopular Opinions

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
In spite of how much mr. Doug Walker loved ragging on Wandy Newman's music score for James and the Giant Peach, even though I will admit it wasn't his best, it was still very memorable none the less (also, in fairness, this was a movie primarily aimed for kids so they won't care if some songs point out the obvious).

Plus, "Good News" is so **** catchy.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
What the heck even is Wandy Newman?? I see you and D'Snowth mention it all the time, and I have no idea what it is. So can you explain it for me?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
To be fair, that was one of the rare times where Doug/NC did a positive review of a movie . . . out of reluctance to make up for angering everyone with that Let's Play he did.

Nevertheless, yes, some of Wandy's songs were actually quite good and memorable in that movie - "That's the Life" and "Family" are perhaps my favorites.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What the heck even is Wandy Newman?? I see you and D'Snowth mention it all the time, and I have no idea what it is. So can you explain it for me?
It's reference to Doug Walker/Nostalgia Critic always making fun of Randy Newman's singing by mocking him with a slight speech impediment/lisp. To wit:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
It's just us after watching too much Nostalgia Critic (and me after watching MADTV).

It's poking fun at how he has that strong soul voice that makes him sound like he has a small speech inpediment (when he speaks regularly it's alot different).

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Oh, I see. You guys probably don't get any of the Homestar references I make, do you? :stick_out_tongue:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Nah, but just listening to him speak when I watched a video of him in an interview for the first time was.... Surprising, so to say.