1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Unpopular Opinions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ConsummateVs, Apr 22, 2018.

1. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

I just couldn't stand alot about the show.

The animation looked like it came from a MAD cartoon that was better off just being a one-shot skit. His voice was also pretty irritating.

The episode with the funny face seriously creeped me out the first time I saw it. Didn't also help that I've had reccuring dreams similar to that of Bluebell the Cow from the Thomas and Friends episode "Cows" stalking me in my own house (yes, that's how effed up my dreams can get).

[​IMG]

However, I will give it credit where credit is due - Pizza Steve was a pretty funny chararacter.

2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Yesterday was the first time I saw Emmet Otter in its entirety since I was a kid.

When I saw it as a kid, I hated it . . . I thought it was very depressing, and not at all Muppety (as in zany, wacky, and off-beat with underlying melancholy).

Seeing it again as an adult . . . well, I don't hate it . . . but, at the same time, it's still very depressing. In fact, I'd even say it's a bit maudlin as well: much of the special is pretty much Emmet and Ma lamenting Pa's death, how dirt poor they are, how they've pretty much sold everything they have . . . I mean, this goes on for quite some time before we actually get to building up the talent contest and everything.

Still, the puppets and the sets are absolutely amazing, but I somehow feel like the special might have worked better as a half-hour instead of an hour, with much less time devoted to Emmet and Ma feeling sorry for themselves.

3. Censored

Censored Well-Known Member

They were hardly feeling sorry for themselves. They were working to make their lives better. It had just enough edge to make it interesting for kids and adults. It is truly Henson in every sense of the word.

4. D'Snowth

All the while bemoaning about how poor they were, how Pa had nothing to leave them because the snake oil business was a bust, how they've had to hawk almost everything they had, how their Christmases can't be merrier, on and on and on and on and on for the first several minutes of the special. They could have summed it all up in half the time, and it still would have driven the point him without them having to repeat it like a broken record.

5. Censored

Well, what were they supposed to do? Celebrate his death and their poverty? Sorry, but life is not always just fun and games at any time of the year. This was the kind of comedy-drama that Henson was really a master of. BTW, there are different versions of it. One version has more scenes with Kermit in it. Other versions have extra dialogue.

6. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

What an amazing description of the Muppets.

7. Censored

8. D'Snowth

3 out of 4 stars is too generous a rating for VMX.

9. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

I much prefer those to the actual "Christmas Carols" which tend to be either too religious or too sappy for my taste.

10. Blue Frackle

This year I actually paid attention to the Xmas music on the radio and was pretty surprised at how religious some of it is.

11. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

I prefer to use old-fashioned emoticons over emojis. \(^o^)/

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  12. LittleJerry92

Honestly either or for me.

I used to really despise emoji’s myself, but as time went on and I started using them on discord, they just kind of grew on me.

13. LittleJerry92

One old fashioned one i’ll use from time to time is XD.

Blue Frackle likes this.
  14. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

I actually really like clowns. I think they get a bad rep (mostly because of scary clowns like Pennywise), and they need more love.

15. Any Del

Any Del Well-Known Member

ConsummateVs and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  16. LittleJerry92

I always found them to be more goofy than scary.

But I can understand why people are scared of them with their wild appearences.

And I’m never gonna forget my own snowman clown dream. :concern:

Any Del and ConsummateVs like this.
  17. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Any Del likes this.
  18. LittleJerry92

Since it was brought up today, I can happily say I’m looking forward to Disney’s live action adaption of The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

I instantly started singing “Out There” and swaying in my room when I heard about it. :p

19. Blue Frackle

I actually was borderline deathly afraid of clowns as a youth but dreamt of encountering one (not scary or anything) at a school assembly and was cured.

20. LittleJerry92

Sorry, vegans. But this has to be said.

You can eat meat and still love animals (and yes, that includes cows, pigs, turkeys, chickens, fish, etc).

ConsummateVs likes this.