Unstable Fables

KrazyKritter

Reaction score
I hope this is the right place to post this.
On my last few trips to Wal-Mart, I saw two DVDs that I didn't recognize, but they had the Henson logo all over them. They do not appear to be Muppet characters in them. They look like CGI animation based on the packaging (like BOLT! or SHREK). One of them, as I recall, was "Goldilocks and the Three Bears" with voices by Jamie Spears and Brooke Shields. The other one might have been "The Tortoise & the Hare," but I'd have to look again to be sure about that. They use the name "Unstable Fables." They cost a whallopping five bucks each. Has anybody here seen these? How much do they actually have to do with Muppets/Henson:confused:?

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Hmm...well, it's been a while since I've seen it, but I saw the Three Pigs and a Baby one a few years ago, and it was alright, but definitely not the greatest movie I've ever seen. As for its involvement with Henson/the Muppets, it might have been made the same way as Sid the Science Kid, but that's just me assuming that due to the fact they're both Henson-involved CGI.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Nothing to do with the Muppets. Henson sold the Muppets to Disney about six years ago which means that Henson has needed to re-establish the rest of their existing properties they still own and come up with new ones. The Unstable Fables are one of those new ones. So far they've been using celebrities for voice talent so you won't hear the usual suspects. They're worth checking out - even if the nice Walmart price of $5 is too much for you, you may want to consider renting them at Blockbuster or somewhere similar.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have yet to see any of these, they're probably decent, and I guess it was a way to restart the brand after the Disney sale. But other than that, I really don't think CGI satirical fairy tales would help them stand out at all. Other than Shrek, we have Hoodwinked and Lionsgate's dreadful Happily Never After films. I really wish they did something a LOT more Hensony than that. Seems like they're barking up the right tree now, releasing all their back catalog on DVD (Hoobs getting the first American release of any kind).

I mean, it was nice for them to do little CGI things, but I REALLY wish they branded out their puppetry force to break back into the business. I would LOVE to see Puppet up collected and put on an official collector's DVD.