Up discussion (Possible spoilers)

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I just got back from Up and I loved it! PIXAR never makes a bad film!

Xerus

Reaction score
Up was a pretty okay movie. I like the thought of a flying house and I thought Ed Asner's performance was good too.

I also liked the Pixar short that was featured before Up. One thing I always like about Pixar films is watching the clever short films with usually no dialogue, except for Boundin'. My favorites are Geri's Game, One Man Band, Presto, and Boundin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pixar_shorts

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Up was fantastic. It was a lot funnier then I thought it would be and you really felt for the characters. A great and fun film.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
This was a great movie, I recommed it to anyone who hasn't seen it. I just saw it today, I couldn't believe that the movie got my eyes watering within the first 30 mintues, :cry:. Pixar just makes the best movies right now in my honest opinion.

So far here's my list of Pixar movies from least favorite to favorite.

Cars (sorry I just think it's Pixar's mose overratted movie and my personal least favorite Pixar has come out with so far)
Ratatouile
The Incredibles
A Bug's Life
Toy Story 2
Finding Nemo
Wall-E
Up
Toy Story
Monsters Inc

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Why watch Up, when you can watch this crummy knock-off!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Why watch Up, when you can watch this crummy knock-off!
Oh god... REALLY... DISNEY! Yo! Get your lawyers on this crap, will ya? Stop bullying those child day care centers with Mickey Mouse painted on the walls and go the heck after these companies that purposely try to steal your money. You'd be doing humanity a favor.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Oh god... REALLY... DISNEY! Yo! Get your lawyers on this crap, will ya? Stop bullying those child day care centers with Mickey Mouse painted on the walls and go the heck after these companies that purposely try to steal your money. You'd be doing humanity a favor.
Well that child day care thing happened in the 80s didn't it? :wink:

But yeah that's just a lame knock off, and I agree I would love to see the Disney lawyers get on that one. The look of characters aren't nearly as good looking as the Up characters either and what's up with that title "What's Up: Balloon to the Rescue," I guess they just had to find a way to fit the word "up" in there, totally lame. Again agree, if someone who works for the mouse is reading this, please report this to your boss.

Is this lame knock off from the same people that made that whole "The Reef" lame knock off after Disney/Pixar came out with the epic and awesome Finding Nemo:excited: and Dreamworks came out with the totally fail and lame Sharktale :boo:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, I was suprised how fast the rip off came out. But I don't think it took four years to make either.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Yeah, I was suprised how fast the rip off came out. But I don't think it took four years to make either.
Of course it didn't, half the work has been done by Pixar already and I doubt the animation will be even be half as good as Up.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Is this lame knock off from the same people that made that whole "The Reef" lame knock off after Disney/Pixar came out with the epic and awesome Finding Nemo:excited: and Dreamworks came out with the totally fail and lame Sharktale :boo:
After Finding Nemo and Sharktale, everyone wanted to do a CGI fish cartoon thing. We had ones with decent budgets, and ones by ugly little Brazilian start up companies. At least that one has some room for the benefit of the doubt. But these studios make ones that are like 2 or three letters off, using the same exact subject matter... I mean, really. I thought Disney's lawyers were sharks. The way they clamped down on underground comix parodies of Mickey, that day care center, and I heard a little tale where someone sang Zip-a-Dee Doo Dah at a nightclub and was approached by someone from Disney... he let him off with a warning, but said "Never do that again." And yet, they let these knockoffs off the hook... just like they do with those bad Hong Kong Bootlegs you see at dollar stores (I was so tempted to get that "Sea Life" sticker set.... they were Chicken Little stickers).

Watch this Strong Bad cartoon It mentions these movies in a way that I couldn't have said better.