Up, Up and Away

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Never mind bumping this thread. I'm 50 going on 5. The last time I saw this clip Nixon was president. Even in Hebrew this is one Holy Grail. And I'm thrilled everybody else can finally see it. Get the popcorn and put on your go-go boots! 8)

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
Never mind bumping this thread. I'm 50 going on 5. The last time I saw this clip Nixon was president. Even in Hebrew this is one Holy Grail. And I'm thrilled everybody else can finally see it. Get the popcorn and put on your go-go boots! 8)
LOL yeah! ;D

SesameMike

Reaction score
Ironically, the day after this was posted, a TV special from 1970 was posted featuring the 5th Dimension. For what it's worth, they sing Up Up and Away starting here:

It was while watching this that YouTube listed the Muppet clip as an associated video. And there is one other Sesame connection. This show's announcer (whose name escapes me) narrated a few older SS sketches, specifically those no-audio filmed sequences with the adult characters. He also narrated some early McDonaldland spots, and this here commercial for an old Ideal game called "Rebound".

hooperfan

Reaction score
And the first performance of the song on the show was done by Bob

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah, I don’t expect to see that song in English anytime soon. But at least we got some visuals. I can already tell Jim provides lead vocals just from looking at the muppet.

@fuzzygobo At least now you can die in peace when your time comes knowing you finally got to see the clip again. :wink:

On another note, I know it’s a foreign dub and all, but JEEZ did that sound very off key.

Last edited:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I'm hoping not to die anytime soon, but 46 years is a long time to wait to see something again. Still it was worth the wait.
Even if this clip never saw the light of day again, I'd still have solid memories to fall back on.
I'll always be grateful for getting to see this again after all this time. Thank you.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
@fuzzygobo At least now you can die in peace when your time comes knowing you finally got to see the clip again. :wink:
I don't think he'll die right now, he's in his 50s.

I'm hoping not to die anytime soon, but 46 years is a long time to wait to see something again. Still it was worth the wait.
Even if this clip never saw the light of day again, I'd still have solid memories to fall back on.
I'll always be grateful for getting to see this again after all this time. Thank you.
And you're welcome. :wink:

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
Brandon, you know what I mean.
Well, as far as I know, elderly people probably die when they reach their 80s, 90s, or 100s. Anyway, this part is off topic. This thread is supposed to be about Up, Up and Away.