Upcoming 2013/2014 Disney Movies

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My only interest is in MMW, but I still refuse to consider it a Disney movie.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
MMW, I'm obviously looking forward to seeing. But, I'm interested in seeing "Saving Mr. Banks" and "Frozen" (though, I don't like how visually un-distinct it is from Tangled).

Drtooth

Reaction score
No Marvel films on that list?

I really hate the fact they're dumping Guardians of the Galaxy all the way in August, when that terrible sounding Maleficient movie (which has the potential, at best, to be a knockoff of Enchanted) gets the cushy July second spot.

Now, GOTG is not the most popular of Marvel comics. The best publicity they had was being on a recent Ultimate Spider-Man. And the cast includes a talking Racoon-looking being and Groot. The only reason any general public would go see it is if they advertise it as "You'd be lost in Avengers 2 without seeing it." Yep. It ties in, and they're putting it in August. And there's no way this film is going to be cheap to produce. I'd hate to see this be the snare in the MCU.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I didn't put in Marvel, becuase I figured I would've also had to put in Lucasfilm and Touchstone too.

But the next Marvel films are
Thor: The Dark World - November 2013
Captain America: The Winter Soldier- April 2014
Guardians of the Galaxy- August 2014
Big Hero 6- November 2014
The Avengers 2:- 2015

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
First off, my apologies to Muppet fan 123 for the original post with the list of movies being deleted... Thought I had selected it as well when changing the thread title. Sorry. :halo:

As for me, I'm looking forward to MMW (natch) I'll be there on premiere day just like I was for The Muppets on 11/23/11. Also looking forward to Maleficent if for no other reason than I'm a Maleficent fan, and this was originally a Tim Burton suggestion stemming from the "success" of his 2010 Alice in Wonderland Disney movie picture deal. The good thing is that it'll have a two-week window before The Hobbit: There and Back Again hits theaters.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Hm. That's why it disappeared. No worries. :wink: (There's no way to put it back?)

Because I'm such a big Disney fan, I'm incredibly excited for Saving Mr.Banks. Looks like it's going to be an amazing movie, and will be the ultimate gift to major Disney fans.

I've also been playing The Optimist, Disney's alternate reality game based off of the movie Tommorowland. So, if the movie is any indication of the game us Optimists have been playing, this is going to be an awesome movie.

Muppets Most Wanted obviously looks incredible. Will try to see if I can grab some advance tickets to that again. Last time worked out fantastic, I was very happy to see it a few days in advance. Either way, I'll be going to a midnight screening opening night. When we get closer to the movie's release, we'll have to plan out one big Muppet fan screening.

I would've liked to be excited for Thor: The Dark World, but it looks like the same old superhero movie we're constantly seeing. Aliens come to attack Earth. They smash some buildings, people run through the streets screaming, and only one man can save them all, yadda yadda yadda.

We've already seen the same things twice in the past before. The Avengers did it well, since they were the first to do it, but Man of Steel pulled the same 'shtick', and it seems all superhero movies are doing it now, due to the succes of The Avengers.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Whatdya expect? Hollywood's a copycat industry. And when there are no movies to copy the plot from, they end up remaking movies from the past.

That aside, your original post can be undeleted, but then it'd just be an extra duplicate thread as I can't merge threads anymore.

Besides MMW and Maleficent, I'm holding out for that Día de Los Muertos film from Pixar.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I would've liked to be excited for Thor: The Dark World, but it looks like the same old superhero movie we're constantly seeing. Aliens come to attack Earth. They smash some buildings, people run through the streets screaming, and only one man can save them all, yadda yadda yadda.

We've already seen the same things twice in the past before. The Avengers did it well, since they were the first to do it, but Man of Steel pulled the same 'shtick', and it seems all superhero movies are doing it now, due to the succes of The Avengers.
Which is an unfair statement because said "aliens" in The Avengers are from Thor. You're essentially accusing it of being a clone of that movie, when, let's face it, it's supposed to be a follow up. Just because Man of Steel (which TOTALLY did that exact thing with the original Superman 2) has aliens in it doesn't mean they all have. Since the Avengers, we've also seen Spider-Man grounded on Earth fighting The Lizard, Batman and an Earthly Bane, Iron Man fighting a fake Earth terrorist, and Wolverine... whatever Wolverine was about in Japan on Earth (didn't see it yet). That's like, out of 7 movies, 3 are aliens destroying Earth, with only one film not connected.

Thor will link to The Avengers. That's a fact. Iron Man 3 did, I don't know what's going on with Captain America 2.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I love The Avengers. I don't know if I ever made that clear, but last year, The Avengers was my all time FAVORITE movie. (Along with The Dark Knight Rises).
The Avengers, I believe was the first movie to have non-stop action for two hours. I loved it.

The Avengers had a lot that Man of Steel didn't have. Firstly, it had comedy.
It had great action mixed with hilarious comedy. (It's a good mix.) It was nothing but a fun movie to see.
We had enough time to know the characters, since each hero had their own movie(s) leading up into The Avengers, so TA was really meant to be the epic showdown of the entire series.

Man of Steel is the first movie in the series. Now is not the time to be having two hours of jaw-punching and building smashing. What will be in the sequels?!
MOS also felt like a complete excuse for special effects. Story was shoddy, and there were no characters in the movie.
Supe and Lois were the front-runners, as well as his parents, but otherwise, who in the world is in this movie?

There's that scene at the end of the movie, where the aliens are taking over, and you see Lois boss, and his secretary trapped under some concrete and about to be killed. It's sad and all, but honestly, why do I care about these backaround characters? There is no development in these people. Why exactly do I care?

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's that scene at the end of the movie, where the aliens are taking over, and you see Lois boss, and his secretary trapped under some concrete and about to be killed. It's sad and all, but honestly, why do I care about these backaround characters? There is no development in these people. Why exactly do I care?
That was the fault of editing. Of course, would anyone want to sit through another 10 minutes just to establish one character? Bigger characters, bigger celebrities, and more major scenes that would fix a movie's plot holes have been cut from scripts before. Still, MOS established the franchise and made it so we actually get a sequel this time. it set out what it means to do.

That said, building smashing... kinda happens in most comics anyway.