1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Upcoming BAM Event for SST's 40th in December

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by MelissaY1, Nov 6, 2009.

1. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Apparently there's supposed to be an upcoming screening/panel at BAM in Brooklyn, NY in affiliation with the Jim Henson Legacy coming up the weekend of December 12th and 13th to commemorate Sesame's 40th anniversary. There's going to be screenings of rare material, a possible guest panel all hosted by Craig Shemin. Stay tuned to BAM.org and other sites for information.
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Thanks for disappointing me!

When you mentioned BAM, I was hoping the entire chain was going to be doing this, but when I saw once again this is only happening in Brooklyn... fiddlesticks...

But then again, I guess I can't complain... after all, four years ago, the Tennessee Art Museum had a special exhibit in honor of Jim Henson's legacy that I got to attend... it was basically a small projection room where various Henson show were played, but it was still pretty cool... the woman who ran the exhibit even recommended Muppet Central to fans.
  3. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

And yet very fortunate for me!

EDIT: Oh cool! 3, 000 posts!
  4. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

A quick Google search reveals they are showing:
    The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland
    Big Bird in China
    Christmas Eve on Sesame Street (and other Holiday Gifts)
    Follow That Bird
    Jim Henson & Friends: Inside the Sesame Street Vault
    Sesame Street at 40: Milestones on the Street
    Sesame Street Film Festival
    Abby in Wonderland
    Sing! The Music of Sesame Street
    The World According to Sesame Street

Some of those sound a bit exciting, I may go to this.
  5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Yeah, thanks fer stickin' it! :p

It all makes sense though, after all, Sesame Workshop and everything's in NYC, the show's shot in Queens... with today's economy, they'd be losing money if they had special events like this across the entire country.

At least I can still say I got to see "Susan" when she came to my school in Grade 6, that was pretty cool.
  6. zns

zns Well-Known Member

The "Jim Henson & Friends: Inside the Sesame Street Vault" sounds very intriguing. Anyone who goes to the event please provide some details about what went on. Thanks you. :)
  7. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I'm most interested in the SST at 40 and the Sesame vault ones. I think the film festival could be the 4D show from Busch Gardens and other places.
  8. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Even though I live out of town and likely won't be attending (unless pigs fly, the identity of the original Gordon is revealed, and Bruno gets rebuilt), it is a shame that the event won't include rare stuff like the four test pilots not available on DVD, Out to Lunch, and some rare non-Noggin episodes from the first few seasons (heck, a screening of the hawaii episodes, all uncut, would be cool).

It would be cool if the compilations were to be released on DVD, iTunes, or Hulu some day.
  9. MelissaY1

Sorry D'Snowth. If it makes you feel any better I've missed several of the local things at BAM in recent years including one with the late great Jerry Juhl :(
  10. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

Let me know when you see more info about this. I might not be able to go because of the Holidays coming by soon, But I still would like to know everything I can about this event.

Thank You, :)

Ploobis
  11. MelissaY1

I'll definitely post more info! Not 100% sure I'll be able to make it either but I'd like to give it a go since I don't think I'll be making it to the Brooklyn Library event next weekend.
  12. ploobis

Whats the Brooklyn Library event?
  13. MelissaY1

Check out www.brooklynlibrary.org, go to their Events calendar and click on November 21st. They have two events, one of which the concert with Bob McGrath is filled to capacity (it's a free event so it's not sold out, but filled up). They are also having a discussion panel later that day with Muppet builder Rollie Krewson, author Louise Gikow, Fran Brill, Bob, Christopher Cerf and Carol-Lynn Parente
  14. zns

zns Well-Known Member

Looks like this is going to be a grand year for Sesame Street. With all the publicity and tributes going on around the country, it's obvious that the show is wel-loved to this day and will continue to be a part o everyone's world for children, parents, educaters, Henson enthusiests, etc.
  15. MelissaY1

So they've added the schedule for Sesame programming at BAM up on their website. Just follow the calendar links at www.bam.org
  16. ploobis

I would love to go to the BAM Screenings this weekend, But I can't. I'm doing a puppet show for charity this Saturday.

I hope who ever is going to the BAM Screenings will have a great time. :insatiable:
  17. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Shoot, that's like the busiest weekend next to Christmas this month for me. Hmm... maybe I can cancel something.
  18. MelissaY1

They've added some special guests to some of the Sunday screenings: Kevin Clash, Fran Brill, Marty Robinson, etc.