Upcoming Disney Movies

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but after The Muppets there are no good movies coming from Disney.
Here's the upcoming lineup

The Secret World of Arrierity- Febuary 17 2012
John Carter- March 9 2012
Brave- June 22 2012
Phineas and Ferb (I'm actually excited about this one) - July 26 2012
The Odd Life of Timothy Green-August 15 2012
Frankenweenie (what kind of name is that?!) - October 5th 2012
Wreck- It Ralph (sounds lame) - November 12 2012

I don't know about you guys but after The Muppets I won't be seeing a Disney movie in a while

Puckrox

Reaction score
Woah, hey now. The Secret World of Arrierity looks beautiful. Have you ever seen a Miyazaki film before? They're breathtaking and innovative and just amazing. Plus it's based off The Borrowers, which just screams childhood nostalgia. And I bet Brave will be great. Pixar has never ceased to amaze.

But other than those two... yeah, not much to look forward to.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Ah, so the Frankeweenie movie is coming? Hrm...I wonder if it will be just as full of cheese as the original short.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Secret World of Arrierity- Febuary 17 2012
John Carter- March 9 2012
Brave- June 22 2012
Phineas and Ferb (I'm actually excited about this one) - July 26 2012
The Odd Life of Timothy Green-August 15 2012
Frankenweenie (what kind of name is that?!) - October 5th 2012
Wreck- It Ralph (sounds lame) - November 12 2012
I hear rumors that the P&F movie is live action. Honestly, I think they could do the entire thing animated and make a fortune. I'm VERY disappointed 4th Dimension didn't get a theatrical release. I'll probably be more disappointed about it when I watch it on my tiny television set.

Yeah, Wreck it Ralph is basically.... well, you remember how we got the movie The Wizard, don't you? Universal needed a Holiday film because The Jetsons was taking to long in production (can't blame them... some of the key voice actors died while recording it, and then they brought it upon themselves to put a tween pop flavor of the month of the day to replace Janet Waldo for some reason). This is a similar but different reason.

Wreck it was made because a certain idiotic vampire movie was opening up the same weekend they planned to release Pixar's Monster University. So that got bumped to Summer 2013... disappointing since that would be the first year we get 2 Pixar films instead of just the one. Dreamworks, however, managed to get 3 in a year 2010 (Dragon, Shrek 4, and Megamind).

Frankenweenie, for those who don't know, was an old Tim Burton film (I hesitate to say student film, because I'm not entirely sure that's what it was) he decided to remake as an actual movie. Is it still going to be stop puppet like NBX?

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I hear rumors that the P&F movie is live action. Honestly, I think they could do the entire thing animated and make a fortune. I'm VERY disappointed 4th Dimension didn't get a theatrical release. I'll probably be more disappointed about it when I watch it on my tiny television set.
Bad news, good news and weird news: Yes, it's going to be live-action. However, they've got Dan and Swampy writing it. And, apparently, the cartoon characters are going to remain cartoon characters in the live-action movie.

Frankenweenie, for those who don't know, was an old Tim Burton film (I hesitate to say student film, because I'm not entirely sure that's what it was) he decided to remake as an actual movie. Is it still going to be stop puppet like NBX?
I've just seen a few promotional stills and, yes, it's stop-motion with puppets (And there are a bunch of slightly clueless people unfavorably referring to it as 'Muppet Frankenstein').

Drtooth

Reaction score
Bad news, good news and weird news: Yes, it's going to be live-action. However, they've got Dan and Swampy writing it. And, apparently, the cartoon characters are going to remain cartoon characters in the live-action movie.
Yeah, I heard that's the plan they wanted. To write their own live action movie and all. I really hope it turns out like a more ambitious version of "Grow Up Timmy." The same people working on it, and doing their best to keep the spirit of the cartoons.

Though I hear they want Jim Carry as Doof. I don't think that quite fits.

robodog

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to Frankenweenie. I really liked the original short.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
So...like Roger Rabbit? Are Phineas and Ferb gonna transport themselves to our world or something while staying cartoons or is it going to be only certain characters stay animated or.... I'm confused.

I've just seen a few promotional stills and, yes, it's stop-motion with puppets (And there are a bunch of slightly clueless people unfavorably referring to it as 'Muppet Frankenstein').
Muppet Frankenstein? Really? Personally, I think they should have kept it live action. Make it a black and white spoof of horror films. Thats kinda what the original short came across as. I kinda wish Henry Selick was directing it though.

Eh... at least its in black and white. I don't think the movie would work if it wasn't.

Both found on Disney's website for the movie

Drtooth

Reaction score
Dog looks vaguely familiar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=031SDP33Zcg

Actually, I like the stop motion puppet films... people just don't understand that "puppet" is the term for the inanimate sculptures they use for stop motion. They all refer to it as Claymation when there's very little that actually still uses clay. Or at least in the way they think.

I hope they do this in REAL 3-D and not some sort of digital fakery. You know, something they did for Coraline... real 3-D with real 3-D stop puppet animation. I missed that boat and regretted it.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Well, I love stop motion anything. You've got physical characters but still set in a cartoony world. You can't get that blend of realism and cartoon from CGI.

I just think in this case they should have stuck with the live action

Heres the original for those interested
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WOZOgVP-QI