Upcoming Disney Movies

robodog

Reaction score
The dog DOES look almost exactly like the one in Family Dog. Wierd.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Au contraire, Muppetfan123. I'm actually excited about each of those.

The Secret World of Arrierity - Studio Ghibli is one of the best film studios on the planet right now. Bar none.

John Carter - I'll concede, the trailer is not great. However - it's based on Edgar Rice Burroughs' (Tarzan) series of novels, which are great, pulpy fun. Been waiting a long time for this.

Brave - Pixar. Boom. Ticket bought. Plus - Scotland!

Phineas and Ferb - I'm also excited for this, although I think it's coming out 2013.

The Odd Life of Timothy Green - The trailer looks wonderful, and it has one of my favorite actors right now, Joel Edgerton.

Frankenweenie - I am not Tim Burton's biggest fan these days, but this looks delightful nonetheless, and I adore the original short film. And stop motion is always a reason to be excited.

Wreck- It Ralph - Everything about this concept excites me. From Wikipedia: "The film tells the story of Wreck-It Ralph, an arcade game bad guy, who is determined to prove he can be a good guy."

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can't really find Wreck it Ralph footage, but they apparently had this at the D23...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdkormMs-Lc&feature=related

It sounds like a good enough movie so far, I guess... and it wasn't really made as a stop gap because they didn't want to put a Pixar film to go up against Twilight as I heard. Still, a year and a half wait for Monsters University makes me impatient. Monster's Inc was one of my favorite Pixar films... I'd put it in my top three... Incredibles, Monsters Inc and Up.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Au contraire, Muppetfan123. I'm actually excited about each of those.

The Secret World of Arrierity - Studio Ghibli is one of the best film studios on the planet right now. Bar none.

John Carter - I'll concede, the trailer is not great. However - it's based on Edgar Rice Burroughs' (Tarzan) series of novels, which are great, pulpy fun. Been waiting a long time for this.

Brave - Pixar. Boom. Ticket bought. Plus - Scotland!

Phineas and Ferb - I'm also excited for this, although I think it's coming out 2013.

The Odd Life of Timothy Green - The trailer looks wonderful, and it has one of my favorite actors right now, Joel Edgerton.

Frankenweenie - I am not Tim Burton's biggest fan these days, but this looks delightful nonetheless, and I adore the original short film. And stop motion is always a reason to be excited.

Wreck- It Ralph - Everything about this concept excites me. From Wikipedia: "The film tells the story of Wreck-It Ralph, an arcade game bad guy, who is determined to prove he can be a good guy."
I do hope you're right

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I will also disagree, a lot of these releases sound exciting.

The Secret World of Arrierity - It looks like Disney is finally giving a Studio Ghibli movie a wide "every mall theater in the country" release. That alone is exciting. While I'm miffed it's not a Miyazaki-directed film, it has to be at least better than Tales from Earthsea. Besides, a high school friend of mine got his hands on a copy of the Japanese version and said it was enjoyable. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
John Carter - The trailers are weird but Andrew "Finding Nemo" "WALL-E" Stanton directing is enough of a sell for me to buy a ticket.
Brave - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unK0Jb_vCT0 It won't be Pixar's best, after Cars 2 I'll take anything!
Phineas and Ferb - This actually comes out in 2013... I don't watch the show but I may give it a shot before the movie comes out.
The Odd Life of Timothy Green - Not interested yet.
Frankenweenie - This is the Tim Burton I enjoy! I see this as him returning to his form in the 80's before he became overreliant on Johnny Depp. Not that his 90's and 00's films are bad but after Alice in Wonderland, this is exactly the type of movie Burton needs to do.
Wreck- It Ralph - Walt Disney Animation Studios has been on a roll lately since Lasseter took over. I hope this continues in that path Bolt, The Princess and the Frog, Tangled and Winnie the Pooh started.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Okay I might have judged it too quickly, also I didn't know Frankenweenie was a classic movie.
(Does anyone know why it's called that?)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wreck- It Ralph - Walt Disney Animation Studios has been on a roll lately since Lasseter took over. I hope this continues in that path Bolt, The Princess and the Frog, Tangled and Winnie the Pooh started.

Bolt was a film I didn't expect to enjoy... but it was, despite a cough that was lingering a week after a head cold and bratty little kids running up and down the aisle poking me in the head (seriously, it was like... "Madison. If I have to ask you not to do that one more time, I'll ask you one more time. And after that, I'll take away your healthy snacks.") The film starred Miley Cyrus and John Travolta... 2 actors I don't much like.. and they were great in it.

My only complaint about Pooh was how short it was. It felt like if I ordered a pizza, before the previews, it still wouldn't have been ready when I left after the credits. Or maybe it was so good it flew by. That's where Pooh needs to go back to, and it's unfortunate the film didn't do better than it should of. I wanna see more Pooh films in the future.

I have some faith in Wreck it Ralph. Sounds like a solid concept, though everyone does video game references now, and I hope that doesn't make the film seem lame in a year.