Update on It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie Realese

King Prawn

Reaction score
This might not be muchb but it's much better than nothing at all.

Monday, April 7, 2003 - 10:14 AM
NBC Enterprises Pacts to Bring 10 Series to DVD
By Brian Ford Sullivan

CHICAGO (thefutoncritic.com) -- NBC Enterprises plans to bring 10 of its series to DVD by the end of 2003 as the network has signed distribution deals with MGM, Lions Gate, A&E Home Video, Starlight Home Entertainment and Imavision Direct.

Lions Gate will distribute the bulk of NBC Enterprises' releases, with "Will & Grace: The Complete First Season" hitting stores on August 12 as well as the retail debut of the limited series "Kingpin" on July 22. (NBC Enterprises had previously offered the product only on its ShopNBC.com web site.) Following those two releases will be "Saved by the Bell: The Complete First and Second Seasons" on September 2.

The company will also be behind a host of "Saturday Night Live" releases including a five-disc 25th anniversary set in July. Will Ferrell, Adam Sandler and Molly Shannon will also get their own "spotlight" releases that month as well as re-issues of the Time Life Video showcases of Chris Farley, Mike Myers and Dana Carvey.

Other distribution deals in the works:

-- A&E Home Video is set to release "Homicide: Life on the Street - The Complete First and Second Seasons" on May 27 while the company will also be behind "Profiler: The Complete First Season" in June.

-- Canadian-based Imavision Direct will release complete seasons of the beloved 1974-83 series "Little House on the Prairie" later this year. A portion of series' run had previously been released in non-season format on DVD.

:smile: :smile: :smile: -- MGM Home Entertainment will be behind the DVD bow of the network's telefilm "It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie," also later this year.

-- NBC Enterprises plans to issue "Providence: The Complete First Season" through a yet-to-be-announced distributor in October.

-- Also in October, episodes of the syndicated home improvement series "Rebecca's Garden" will be released by Starlight Home Entertainment.

More announcements are expected in the coming weeks as NBC is in talks with such companies as Artisan Entertainment to distribute even more product. Among the possible titles: "Crossing Jordan," "Ed" and "The Pretender." For a complete listing of NBC Studios' titles, click here.

I found this info over at http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/gofuton.cgi?action=newswire&id=5857

ps. totally Muppet unrelated but i'm really looking forward to the Saved By The Bell DVD's

King Prawn

Reaction score
I KNOW! :excited: :excited: :excited:

I just hope they put a lot of thought into the sepecial features and change the cover are slighly from the one NBC out out last year.

The deleated Scene's such as the Snoop Dogg one alone would make the DVD great

EmmyMik

Reaction score
I have no idea which is better news. The Christmas Movie on DVD or Saved By the Bell on DVD...

**runs and hides from the taunting that I shall receive**

:smile:

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Em - Take a step back, take one deep breath, calm down. Now, let me tell you what you just said:

"I have no idea which is better news. The Christmas Movie on DVD or Saved By the Bell on DVD..."

Now, do you see the problem here? You do? Gooood good. No taunting needed.

hehe :big_grin:

-Matt

EmmyMik

Reaction score
I stand by my Saved By the Bell comment.

Zack Morris=Super Cute Guy!

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
You DARE defy the guidance of the mighty CANTUS?!

*releases the attack dogs*

:wink:

-Matt

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
HEY!! :mad:

They may be small but they're fierce!!

-Matt

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
They may be small but they're fierce!!
Not to mention fuzzy.

Awwwwww. Look at that one! It's running from a butterly. How cute...