Update - Timelife Muppet DVDs!

Jrobert

Reaction score
Hey all, I got the following information from: www.tvshowsondvd.com

Another 5 releases planned
5/04/2002

Time Life will be releasing another 5 "Muppet Show" DVDs in the next few months. We'll post the info as soon as it's available.

Hope you all are as happy as I am about this!

The site is pretty good about updates so they may have dates for us soon.

:big_grin:

scarecroe

Reaction score
They make it sound so cool, as if there are 5 new volumes coming out. But that's not the case. These are the 5 volumes that have been out for well over a year now on VHS. I got them in January or so. Will I be buying them again on DVD? You bet your bippy I will be. I show support in products I want to see more of. Even though in this case it's to show Henson that I want to buy their stuff; not Time-Life who has already announced that they would not be doing any more new volumes.

Jrobert

Reaction score
Actually, I now realize I was a bit misleading. Correct, these are NOT new volumes just the last of the 15 finally on DVD. So now this summer there will finally be all 15 on DVD (as opposed to the 10).

But I will still support it, I almost don't buy things anymore if they are only on VHS.

Luke

Reaction score
I don't mean to rain on anyones parade here but try to get confirmation on this from Time Life - the last official word from them was that they weren't doing this.

scarecroe

Reaction score
I thought last official word from Time-Life Customer Service was that they *would* be doing this over the summer. It's in the archives here somewhere.

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
Here is an excerpt of the e-mail I received from them on May 6th:

"Thank you for writing.

We plan to have additional volumes available on DVD this July. At this time, we do not know if these items will offered as a set. Please feel free to check back with us at that time for any updates we may have.

Sincerely,
Joanne Bucco
Customer Service / Internet"

Luke

Reaction score
Ooooooooh ok - yes - i must learn to keep up with my Time Life Emails. There were so many of them saying no, that the one saying yes got skimmed over !

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Luke-

I received confirmation of the remaining 5 DVDs being released only a few weeks ago. Very cool! Much of this news is rather old to me and I did post about it when I receved word, but it seems that some of these threads get buried if they are not read immediately. I wish there were more, but 45 eps is better than none and that's over a third of them.

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man

Luke, you can rain on my parade any day ya want---I love me some precipitation! :big_grin:
So bring on the rain :smile: