Upside Down Adventure Kermit

dlphntat

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, I recently got an Adventure Kermit, and was surprised to see he had been packed in his box upside down.
Should I say 'so what' and go ahead and open it?
or should I make that one the one that stays in the box?

Do packaging mistakes like that make any difference?

Whatever

Reaction score
I know at least one guys who collects factory misfits like that. However, as far as I know it would be fairly easy to open the box, put Kermit in upside down, and close it up again. So do whatever you want with it, is my opinion.

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
Hmmm

I wouldn't think this would be worth so much... Well, not much (if anything) more than the correctly placed fig. And as Whatever said, even if you weren't the one thinking this way, it WOULD be easy for someone to place something in the packaging the wrong way POST production. So personally, I sure would open the one packaged incorrectly over hte correct version. Just for the display value of the correctly packaged figure.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Since you can very easily open any of the exclusive boxes and turn the figure upside down, I's say that there is nothing special about it. If it were on a blister card or in a clamshell you'd have something though.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I would guess that you should just go ahead and do whatever you feel like. I once had a set of Deep Space Nine micromachines that had been mislabeled at the factory--the wrong insert card had been put in, so all the ships were labeled with the names from a different set. I inquired of a dealer at a Trek convention if it would be worth anything, and he said that it would be too easy for someone to open it, put in a different card, and reseal it, so iit probably wouldn't be worth much. Anyway, I say do whatever gives you the most enjoyment. We got an extra copy of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire when it came out, because none of the gilding had been applied to the raised letters. Probably not worth anything especially, but it made us happy to have the "special" one.

dlphntat

Reaction score
I thought it was a production mistake, but upon closer examination, the tape on the bottom was cut and retaped (this was an eBay purchase)
So, danged if it isn't coming open!
Thanks to everyone that answered.