1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

vBulletin 3.0 Beta: Questions and Answers

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Jun 14, 2003.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

vBulletin 3.0 Beta 3: Questions and Answers

All phases of our upgrade to vBulletin 3.0 beta 3 is complete. Everything appears to have gone very smoothly. All of your posts, data, and personal options have been converted. Keep in mind, I will be tweaking A LOT of the settings over the course of the next couple days. Some of the background color issues and our header/footer will be addressed shortly.

I mentioned this earlier, but the graphic set of our forum will not change until later when we upgrade to vBulletin 3.0 final. So the temporary buttons seen throughout the forum will be used for the meantime.

This thread is devoted to any questions and comments that you may have about this upgrade. If someone asks a question about the forum, and you know the answer, please jump in and answer. This will help us in getting questions answered as soon as possible.
  2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Several things:

One, will it be changed to look more like the old one, when posting? I think it look a little better before in that area.

Two, Will the HUGE V Bullitin thing stay at the top?

Three, why is this whole new look freaking me out?
  3. Luke

Luke Active Member

On the whole i'm liking it although its seeming a bit complicated at first - is there a list of all the new features anywhere Phillip ?

Two things - firstly i think the main page looks a little cluttered, maybe if there's a way of not having all those features turned on at the main page (number of users browsing each thread etc) it would look a little friendlier. Obviously it's early days now and you will probably be planning to tweak some of the features anyway. Secondly the main 'Post Reply' button is in a real awkward place there on the left, if it could be moved in the style sheet or whatever to the right it'd be cool.

Other than that, i am loving the archive and the similar topics thing is looking pretty cool. Like the new look Members list with all the avatars. Very spoovy !
  4. Beauregard

Does anyone else think that the pages feel cramped and clutered? I am sure that there is still lots of tweaking to do backstage (I am not talking about Janice and Floyd :sing::flirt: ) I mean stuff tha Phil is going to change, of course.

But right now I feel like it is quite cluttered. And why can we not see how many posts we have anymore?

Bea:zany:{Verrrry confusing}regard
  5. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yep, thats kinda what i'm feeling. I think it's way too much - be good to turn the stuff people will use less off. Some of the enhancements are very good though.
  6. Phillip

Beauregard,

Things won't be so cluttered with the new graphic set. What we have now is the old one. Yes, Jamie's flash header and more of a similar look will return shortly. I'm working through all that now.

By the way check out some of the new profile questions. :excited:
  7. Beauregard

Is it just my imagination or are changes happening all the time while I am looking around?

I bet some of those who didn't know this was coming will be freaked out!!! :crazy: :crazy:

Bea:zany:{and ooooohhhhhh wow, love the new profile Qs}regard
  8. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

Hmmm it's looking quite good.
    But the biggest problem are proberly that it's going to take some time to getting used to.

I was searching for the new messages button, I could not find it, but then I noticed those small arrows in the top corner and one of them were the new messages button.
  9. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Now you can see just how much went into this forum. LOL! Ugh, the default is ugly. :grouchy:
  10. Manda:-D

Manda:-D New Member

Uh, where's the "View Today's Active Threads" button, or do we even still have that?
  11. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

How'd I go from senior member to registered user?

:confused:
  12. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

Ewwww.

So, just so I can understand, when we're done "tweaking" with the site, will it look just or almost like this with the MC header on top?

And as for new features, you need more series in the "Favorite Henson Series" thing, though I guess you have the best ones.

'Til then, I'm going under my bed 'til my mom wakes me up when it's over.
  13. Phillip

You still can. Look to the left of the profile button on any post.
  14. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

why does it say clickable smilies and standard smilies?

Sarah *who is desperately trying to figure this out!*
  15. Phillip

There's still the link on the curtain on top. Right now that link takes you to the search page but it should be updated soon.
  16. Phillip

This should be fixed now. Thanks for catching that.
  17. Thijs

Thijs Member

when clicking on 'view new post' I arrive at the search-page.
  18. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Who else noticed that the top ten posters list is gone?
  19. Luke

Luke Active Member

If you go into the members list you can do a search for the top ten (or whatever number) posters. I think it's 'sort descending' by 'posts' !
  20. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

It shouldn't take long now. Phillip was waiting on me to fix the problem. The new (same-looking) menu will be up shortly with the correct linkage for the button. :)