vBulletin 3.0 Beta: Questions and Answers

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
vBulletin 3.0 Beta 3: Questions and Answers

All phases of our upgrade to vBulletin 3.0 beta 3 is complete. Everything appears to have gone very smoothly. All of your posts, data, and personal options have been converted. Keep in mind, I will be tweaking A LOT of the settings over the course of the next couple days. Some of the background color issues and our header/footer will be addressed shortly.

I mentioned this earlier, but the graphic set of our forum will not change until later when we upgrade to vBulletin 3.0 final. So the temporary buttons seen throughout the forum will be used for the meantime.

This thread is devoted to any questions and comments that you may have about this upgrade. If someone asks a question about the forum, and you know the answer, please jump in and answer. This will help us in getting questions answered as soon as possible.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Several things:

One, will it be changed to look more like the old one, when posting? I think it look a little better before in that area.

Two, Will the HUGE V Bullitin thing stay at the top?

Three, why is this whole new look freaking me out?

Luke

Reaction score
On the whole i'm liking it although its seeming a bit complicated at first - is there a list of all the new features anywhere Phillip ?

Two things - firstly i think the main page looks a little cluttered, maybe if there's a way of not having all those features turned on at the main page (number of users browsing each thread etc) it would look a little friendlier. Obviously it's early days now and you will probably be planning to tweak some of the features anyway. Secondly the main 'Post Reply' button is in a real awkward place there on the left, if it could be moved in the style sheet or whatever to the right it'd be cool.

Other than that, i am loving the archive and the similar topics thing is looking pretty cool. Like the new look Members list with all the avatars. Very spoovy !

Beauregard

Reaction score
Does anyone else think that the pages feel cramped and clutered? I am sure that there is still lots of tweaking to do backstage (I am not talking about Janice and Floyd :sing::flirt: ) I mean stuff tha Phil is going to change, of course.

But right now I feel like it is quite cluttered. And why can we not see how many posts we have anymore?

Bea:zany:{Verrrry confusing}regard

Luke

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Does anyone else think that the pages feel cramped and clutered?
Yep, thats kinda what i'm feeling. I think it's way too much - be good to turn the stuff people will use less off. Some of the enhancements are very good though.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Beauregard,

Things won't be so cluttered with the new graphic set. What we have now is the old one. Yes, Jamie's flash header and more of a similar look will return shortly. I'm working through all that now.

By the way check out some of the new profile questions. :excited:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Is it just my imagination or are changes happening all the time while I am looking around?

I bet some of those who didn't know this was coming will be freaked out!!! :crazy: :crazy:

Bea:zany:{and ooooohhhhhh wow, love the new profile Qs}regard

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Hmmm it's looking quite good.
But the biggest problem are proberly that it's going to take some time to getting used to.

I was searching for the new messages button, I could not find it, but then I noticed those small arrows in the top corner and one of them were the new messages button.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Now you can see just how much went into this forum. LOL! Ugh, the default is ugly. :grouchy:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Uh, where's the "View Today's Active Threads" button, or do we even still have that?