1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

VCR Alert: Oscar on "1 vs 100" (1/11/08)

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by GelflingWaldo, Jan 9, 2008.

1. GelflingWaldo New Member

2. The Count Moderator

Thanks GelflingWaldo. Saw this appearance by our favorite furry grouch.

So, what did we learn about Oscar from this?
    After the first contestant, one of his literary heroes is Mr. Edward Hyde.
    After the second contestant, we now know Oscar's always been 43 years old.
    And plus, another Muppets/Playboy connection for Muppet Wiki's archives.

A great appearance, would've liked for Oscar to have stayed on longer though.
  3. BEAR Active Member

It was a great appearance. Oscar was so funny and Bob Saget was great interacting with him. It was so silly seeing Oscar get excited and clap though. It was just kinda strange, but I guess it's nice to see him having a good time for a grouch. It was also funny seeing him just hanging out in darkness after he was out. He'll be back though, Ed. The last contestant is coming back next time and finishing off with the same mob group. So Oscar will still be there. Not sure if he'll be focused on much though.
  4. The Count Moderator

Hmmm... If Oscar will be back on Monday to finish up Joe Lorenzo's turn, then the grouch will remain in the shadows as he was eliminated. But that makes me wonder if he'll be part of the mob for the following contestant, should there be any carry-over to Tuesday or not. And I was planning on watching the new American Gladiators at that time spot. Oh well, that just means I'll be switching channels.

Look forward to seeing if Oscar will have one last turn though.
  5. JEANYLASER Member

6. Drtooth Well-Known Member

I might add that Muppet wiki has stated it will be a series of appearances. That could mean anywhere from 2-3 episodes. In the preview for the next episode he was still visable.
  7. The Count Moderator

Huh? Series of appearances? Ooh! Will definitely have to watch these then.
  8. Drtooth Well-Known Member

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/1_vs_100

it says
  9. the80sdrummer Member

Do we know if it's Caroll Spinney or some other Muppet performer? Also, anyone know who the second person working Oscar's hand is?
  10. RustyDog New Member

So does this mean there were multiple puppeteers?
    Anyway I thought it was good,. Only it would be better if he had been shown more... Oh well, he was still funny anyway.;) When Oscar has been on he does really well. I think I have only seen him get an answer wrong a few times.
  11. the80sdrummer Member

There would have to be. Both of his hands are active while his head moves. He would need two people to operate him. Just curious to see if anyone knows who his puppeteers are...
  12. Boober_Gorg Active Member

"As a kid, I never thought I'd be able to say this: I took down Oscar the Grouch!"

What the first contestant said last night, in case you missed it.

:grouchy:
  13. Drtooth Well-Known Member

WARNING: This Friday will be his last appearance, due to the fact it's the season finalie. So be sure to watch it if you want to. Just putting it out there so you don't forget.
  14. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I was just sitting here watching and saw him without knowing he was still on there and he looks so good.
  15. erniebert1234ss Active Member

I'm taping this appearance.

BJ
  16. Erine81981 Active Member

He's been on there everytime. I couldn't believe that till my sister showed me. She watches it every Friday. It's cool to see Oscar on another game show or a type of show.
  17. Drtooth Well-Known Member

I forgot about the Oscar appearance a couple times during. I missed about 2 episodes... but I made sure to catch this last one. I really love how Oscar got back at Bob for messing up his name. Very cute.

And it still gets me that he lost on a letter and number question.