1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

VeggieTales voice artists

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xerus, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

XERUS’S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

Today’s V/A focus is that popular Christian cartoon series, VeggieTales. The show’s creators, Phil Vischer and Mike Nawrocki, voice almost all the Veggies in this series, with Phil’s wife, Lisa, doing voices as well. What they do is record the voices and then speed them up creating those cute sounding Veggie voices.

PHIL VISCHER: Bob the Tomato, Archibald Asparagus, Scallion Brother 1, Pa Grape, Tom Grape, Jimmy Gourd, Nebby K. Nezzer, Mr. Lunt, Phillipe Pea, Percy Pea, Dad Carrot, Grandpa George
    MIKE NAWROCKI: Larry the Cucumber, Scallion Brother 2, Jerry Gourd, Jean-Claude Pea
    LISA VISCHER: Junior Asparagus, Mom Asparagus
    DAN ANDERSON: Dad Asparagus
    MIKE SAGE: Scallion Brother 3
    KRISTIN BLEGIN: Laura Carrot(first voice)
    NATALIA LOZANO: Lenny Carrot
    SHELBY VISCHER: Annie(first voice)
    ALLIE NAWROCKI: Annie(second voice)
    JIM POOLE: Scooter Carrot
    TIM HODGE: Khalil, Scooter Carrot(substitute voice)
    MEGAN MOORE BURNS: Madame Blueberry(first voice)
    G. BOCK: Mrs. Archibald, Madame Blueberry(second voice)
    JACQUELINE RITZ: Madame Blueberry(third voice), Laura Carrot(second voice)
    CYNDEY TRENT: Petunia Rhubarb
    BRIAN K. ROBERTS: Gourdon
    BRIDGET MILLER: Ma Grape, Rosey Grape
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Much like The Chipmunks, lol.

I know I'm going to get into trouble for this, considering I'm a Christian, but VeggieTales never appealed to me... it always seemed to be like another Barney to me, lol.
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

quite the opposite for me. I hate religious themed TV shows, but I found quite a lot of hillarious bits in Veggietales. And quite a few nods to Monty Python too.

Though, personally, I think 321 Penguins is a far superior show.
  4. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

I remember when I rented my first VeggieTales video. It had three episodes on it and I thought the writing was very funny and sophisticated without having to be preachy :) I also like how sometimes they take a break from the story and education and just sing really silly songs.

At first the creators had trouble animating arms and legs so they decided to make the characters limbless vegetables. A few years later, the same company created 3-2-1 Penguins and they were able to make characters with moving arms and legs. That show too had some neat humor along with good moral values. :)
  5. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I've never heard od any of these people before. that is a good thing because now I get to find out who they are.
  6. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

And now it's time to talk about what we've learned today!

Yep.... I'm a VeggieTale junkie..... I'm also a pirate who doesn't do anything.....
  7. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I'm a fan of VeggieTales. I think it's one of the best kid's shows, next to Sesame Street.
  8. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

I always thought of Phil Vischer like Jim Henson. He had an idea and that led him to creating talking vegetables and starting up his Big Idea studios. And Phil does lots of voices for his characters just like Jim. And co-creator, Mike Nawrocki, was like Frank Oz.
  9. antsamthompson9

Yeah, I noticed that too.
  10. antsamthompson9

How can you say that? It's very funny!
  11. antsamthompson9